PDA

View Full Version : Still Snowing

ppohlman
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Believe it or not, it's still snowing here in Salt Lake City, UT. I got up for work this morning and couldn’t stop watching the snow. It probably won't stick for long, but it makes it easier to talk/think about Christmas lighting while it's snowing.

I was planning on finally soldering up my boards this weekend, but unfortunately I was not able to do it because of ACL replacement surgery. I finally got most of my “Honey-Do List” done so that I could start on my own projects, but WHAM I’m on my back recovering from surgery. I guess once I’ve recovered a bit but still can’t work around the house too much I’ll be able to get things built.

Anyone else out there had ACL surgery? How long does it take before being able to get around easily (without crutches)?

ppohlman
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, it's snowing again!!

I woke up this morning with a snow covered lawn, and now I just looked out the window and saw that it's still coming down. I can't believe it. May 1st and snow. I thought that spring was here, but I guess not.

Anyone else out there get snow today??

deplanche
05-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I am in Buffalo, and it is with pride that I can say it did not snow here today!!

But last weekend, I was wondering if I was the only person in my neighborhood singing Christmas carols and trying to figure out how I am going to string up the lights, all while mowing the lawn.

tonypgst
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
It is not snowing here in Florida, but it is snowing in Denver, CO where part of the team I manage works.

mrpackethead
05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Not snowing here, but had a sprinkling of white stuff on the hills in the ranges behind us.. Oh, its coming up winter that will be why.

TERBObob
05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Hmmm ...
Yeah , we had some white stuff coming down yesterday morning .. but , oh , that was just the neighbor burning and those ashes going ALL over my new PT CRUISER convert ! ! !
( think I prefer the other kind )

Sly
05-01-2008, 04:56 PM
No snow here in Minnesota, but a few days ago it was predicted for the weekend. May get some in the northern parts, but not the southern half. May have to bring the ice auger though for the fishing opener here because some of the lakes will still have ice on them in the northern parts. I think mother nature is a little confused what season it is.:confused: Still feels like early March here and not May. Could use some of that global warming everyone is talking about. LOL.:lol: Otherwise we may have Christmas in July!

Brad Riley
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Beautiful spring day today here in Reno. (Just had to rub it in). :p I lived in the inner-mountain west for 15 years. You really should not be too surprised, if you have lived there for any length of time.:p:p

Brad

WWNF911
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Beautiful spring day today here in Reno. (Just had to rub it in). :p I lived in the inner-mountain west for 15 years. You really should not be too surprised, if you have lived there for any length of time.:p:p

Brad

I fell for this one last year. Started to seem like spring, went out to Home Depot started planting flowers etc. 2 weeks later ,..... snow Not only that but it snowed twice more later. I think the last time was in June. JUNE!!! No I'm just gun shy. :)

Leon

Brad Riley
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I fell for this one last year. Started to seem like spring, went out to Home Depot started planting flowers etc. 2 weeks later ,..... snow Not only that but it snowed twice more later. I think the last time was in June. JUNE!!! No I'm just gun shy. :)

Leon

Thats why we don't plant our gardens till the snow is off Peavine Mnt.

Brad

WWNF911
05-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Thats why we don't plant our gardens till the snow is off Peavine Mnt.

Brad

Good tip !