PDA

View Full Version : Selling it all

plasmadrive
01-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Only as a complete package. I started a spread sheet to figure out a price but stopped when I got to $17k.. so the whole this is for sale for $12.5k..

All the lights and controls were used in my display, and all the new backup stock I keep.. All the new pixel strings, CCRs (never used), AC controllers, DC controllers, IDMXs, ELLs, Ethernet bridge, power supplies, DC-DC convertors, cables and cords... The original Plasma Icicles, Fire sticks, stars, arches, Mega Tree, hardware, lighted figures, blow molds, LED strings, LED strings, LED strings, LED strings, LED strings (did I mention the LED strings?).. the works. Pieces and parts such as reels of Dumb and smart strips are all included. Many misc controllers for WS2811.

If you are willing to pop for $12.5k I will give you a list of the major stuff. (I am not going to inventory everything, there is just too much). Please don't ask for that list if you are not seriously willing to go for the whole thing and you have the cash ready to spend. I am not interested if you are just curious... at least not for now. Please don't waste my time with tire kicking. Sorry to sound to blunt but I am a pretty straight forward kinda guy and this is a one shot deal for which I am not making any money on... That is why the no tire kicking policy.

All is FOB Elk Grove CA. Bring cash, come with a pickup and trailer or a good sized truck. :P

If I don't get interest in the entire bundle in the next 4 weeks, I may break it up and sell off pieces and parts.. but those would only be in lots and not individual parts. Sorry, but there is just too much to piece it all out..

Cheers,

Craig

PS. If someone buys the lot I will let them have the ball for another $2.5k if they want it. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/69l3gx4e3sew8x9/qTLFKYPFPh

dpitts
01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Without a spreadsheet how would anyone know whether they would "Pop for 12.5K". A video of your display could go a long way. I was a little turned off by your initial presentation and although that does not really matter because I do not have 12.5K :(.

critic2
01-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Can I ask why are you selling?

tucsonlights
01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
First in line for pixels if you split them up:yay:

plasmadrive
01-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Can I ask why are you selling?
I am selling due to a specific neighbor issue. I do this for the good of everyone.. so I think.. but I will not fight over Christmas lights. Somehow that is just wrong.. not the reason for the season.. so my neighbor grinch is the reason.

Livermore-Dad
01-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Holy crud..

Again sorry for the issues.

oofda!
Tory

plasmadrive
01-06-2014, 10:57 PM
http://vimeo.com/82496354

barbotte
01-06-2014, 11:02 PM
well it look like a lots of stuff you have there ... you better make a list so people will know if they are the old incan ...led or pixel you have ... cheer and sorry to hear you have to let go ,,,nice display you have ...

Livermore-Dad
01-06-2014, 11:02 PM
http://vimeo.com/82496354

AWESOME :) wheeeeeeee!!

Tory

tucsonlights
01-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Wow! I like it. Ilike how your arches sync to the song. I HATE your neighbor.

komby
01-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I am selling due to a specific neighbor issue. I do this for the good of everyone.. so I think.. but I will not fight over Christmas lights. Somehow that is just wrong.. not the reason for the season.. so my neighbor grinch is the reason.

Dude I'm really sorry to hear this. After all that work one idiot neighbor ruins christmas and I'm bummed that I didn't get to see it while it was running ;(

Rest assured that your pixcicles will be on many a diy ers houses next year

Someone needs to drop the ball on your neighbor ;@

critic2
01-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Just watched your video. How in the heck did you shoot the aerial shot? That video is amazing!
Pythan, you ROCK!
And yea, your neighbor sucks.

duramadmax
01-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Looked like a rc hoverplane or such.

Pythan, I hate you had to "give in" to your neighbor. It is quite spectacular though. I would have fought it out or made a truce....Should have sent him on vacation

Just watched your video. How in the heck did you shoot the aerial shot? That video is amazing!
Pythan, you ROCK!
And yea, your neighbor sucks.

arw01
01-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your neighbor. I happen to be in town from the PNW this week and would have loved to come by and shoot the breeze and have you show me the show and the pieces.

Now what kind of issues with the neighbor, air out, maybe someone here can help you have some "ammunition". Unless they are going to take you to court and sue you where you have to get an attorney, what can they really do?

angus40
01-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Take a few days to cool off and re think your situation .

Unless there is an underlying reason other than your neighbor !

You have been a pioneer of sorts here at Diyc and 1 bad apple cannot spoil the bunch .

jcross
01-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Take a few days to cool off and re think your situation .

Unless there is an underlying reason other than your neighbor !

You have been a pioneer of sorts here at Diyc and 1 bad apple cannot spoil the bunch .

+1

Jason C

OriginalHotrodder
01-07-2014, 03:21 AM
+1

Jason C

Yep, don't let the terrorist win.

Ed

slug
01-07-2014, 07:40 AM
I guarantee you that there is not a neighbor in this town that could make me give up my hobby, no matter what it is. I put up with whatever crap they have, so they are going to put up with mine.

plasmadrive
01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
well it look like a lots of stuff you have there ... you better make a list so people will know if they are the old incan ...led or pixel you have ... cheer and sorry to hear you have to let go ,,,nice display you have ...

Only the Candy Canes, the stars on the trees (rope lights), and some of the figures and blow molds are incan. Everything else is LED.

THurrle
01-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Many people have had HOA and neighbor problems. One suggestion is find an off site property to set up like a Church etc. You would benefit from a parking lot for them to view the show and probably have help with the set up. I know of two shows locally that did this and was a success even though one guy charged by the car load. You could offer part of your collections if you do a charity to the Church. There are options without throwing in the towel. You have put way to much time, money and effort into this display to just give it up. People count on seeing your work every year.
Terry

Skunberg
01-07-2014, 09:33 AM
There are many thread's here about dealing with problem hoa or neighbor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JEEPGUY
01-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Pythan,

I wish I had been able to get down to your place to see your show. The video is awesome. Don't give in!

plasmadrive
01-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for all the support.. There is an update.. there may be a solution pending.. I am not sure since I have been down this "pending" road already twice...

So, anyway... my offer to sell it all is officially withdrawn. I kept adding stuff to the list and found I had WAY more then what I thought. I am glad no one took me up on this offer.. Man can you accumulate a lot of stuff over the years.. :blink:

GrumpkaXmas
01-12-2014, 11:05 AM
New here, but wanted to say how sad it is to hear you give up the fight against some A-Hole neighbor. Sad state of our nation. I do lighting in hopes I can bother a neighbor or two. :lol: While we still have freedom in our country, I plan on exercising mine and having a whole lot of fun while I'm at it! Updated: Glad you are sticking with it. Good Luck.

jchuchla
01-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Great to hear you're sticking with it. I had neighbor issues myself last year, but we've since resolved it and now my display continues to grow. It can always be resolved. And remember, you have as much right to display as he does to complain.

Skunberg
01-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Most issues seem to be resolved by different/less hours of operation. Monitoring traffic. Putting up signs. Adding voice overs of rules on the radio. These things show your going out of your way to resolve the issue. Which can overrule a complainer that won't compromise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lionking_Tx
01-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Dude, I always get sad when hearing someone throws in the towel giving in to complainers.....I'm glad you reconsidered. :thup2::thup2::thup2: