PDA

View Full Version : Need some imaging help

Wayne J
04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a small picture I need to resize to use as a desktop background. I have tried but it still comes out grainy looking. I can't seem to keep the resolution right. Anyone feel like giving it a shot?

WWNF911
04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Where'd you get the pic? Is there a larger size avail to work with?

EDIT- I think I had the same luck as you Wayne. I tried to keep some info by switching to bitmap but doing that made me go over the size limit the forum has. (1MB)
E-mail?

Leon

Josh
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
well, from my knowledge of images, it will be grainy when making a smaller image larger to that extent.

i am sure if you look around you could find a bigger one, or even one already made for desktop size.

Wayne J
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
There is no bigger image available. :(

If anyone has luck they can email it to me at merc460@gmail.com

tommy
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Wayne...

You'll have to start with a larger picture size. The picture is only 373 x 215 pixels. So increasing the size of the picture won't do anything for increasing the resolution. At that size, there's only so much information and increasing the size of the picture will also increase the size of each pixel....hence the blocky end result.

You could still resize the picture... but just view it from a distance. That way you won't notice the pixels being as big as your fist. :)

If there was a way to do it, I'd be happy to give you a hand.

Tom

Wayne J
04-15-2008, 10:41 PM
bummer......Thanks guys.

kmc123
04-15-2008, 11:37 PM
One last resort thing that you could try, but it will probably be quite "Busy"...

Set the picture as it is to your desktop background, and then select "tile" - It will repeat it all over the screen.

tonypgst
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Check your email. Did the best I could, not grainy, but still blurred some. Just will not be able to get the sharpness and detail since the resolution is so small to start with.