PDA

View Full Version : CTRL key movement :(

szaske
12-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Joe: You made a change a few weeks back were the CTRL key moves the sequence surface a page to the left or right. I think someone was asking for some new way to navigate the sequence window. Anyway it's really annoying to me now, because it happens a lot. I'm editing my sequence and I need to select a group of cells so I press CTRL move my mouse to the correct place and WHAM...instead of selecting my cells the sequence jumps. I assume this is confusing to people new to HLS and I'm not sure what the advantage is. I would prefer that this NOT happen.

-=Steve

kenoman742
12-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I believe that once you press the control key to select the first cell, you can immediately release control. Control does not need to be depressed to select the last cell. By releasing control the grid will not scroll.

JHinkle
12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
CTRL is only required when you click the Left most cell to tell HLS if it is a Selection Box start or a Start to Move.

If THAT cell happens to be the very first cell in a sequence --- I can see where auto-scroll would occur.

That's one of those situations of two different outcomes and HLS does not know the one you want.

Suggestion --- just make sure your effect is not butted to the left side of the grid.

Joe

JHinkle
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Just released 19C.

Grid Auto scroll Left/Right NOW requires CTRL+SHIFT and Mouse next to Grid Edge.

That will remove the condition you mentioned.

Joe