PDA

View Full Version : South Metro Denver - Call for Addresses

mms
12-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Our annual Christmas Light Tour is coming up and I'm looking to fill our itinerary. We're looking specifically on the south side of Denver. South of Hampden down to Castle Rock with 470/the mountains and Parker Rd (83) as our west/east boundaries.

We are planning a special trip down to the Springs to see our friends down there, but that will have to wait till after Xmas. We try to hit as many "up north" as we can on the way to/from PK's and my g/f's parent's homes.

Anyway, if you attended the Denver Mini in August and put your address down, I've got it. If you listed your house on the Denver Post Neighbors website, I got it. I know some folks are shy with publicity and rely on "word of mouth" and those are the address I'd like. Reply here or message me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Decorating!

Steve

mms
12-23-2013, 10:46 AM
We make a tradition of driving around looking at lights - as I'm sure most of you do. We strategically plan our route so that we end at The Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate fondues. My girlfriend is so serious about this, that she makes reservations at the restaurant in September! This year's tour consisted of 13 stops, spanned 125 miles, and took over 5 hours to complete. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of you through the few years that we've been doing this and love the exchange of ideas, creativity and contributions made in the DIY community. Thank you for all you do: not only for the kids, but also the kids at heart. It is a great privilege to know you "virtually" and "IRL". Keep up the good work!

Steve/MMS

XmasLightGuy
01-04-2014, 09:33 PM
125 miles! ... wow thats a long 'lights tour' MMS :)

Always a tradition for me to go driving around looking at lights as well, but never with a set day/time or anything :lol: . Only did a fairly short trip this year...of the 'light guys' here & on PC I saw 2 displays in/near highlands ranch (think one of 'em was yours) woulda been one more, but I believe he took this year off.

I didn't do a display this year, never even turned on the 'lights computer' (but still did put up some lights). hopefully noone wasted the time to go by LOL...