PDA

View Full Version : Okay crashed twice when adding my north poles into preview

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 02:54 AM
This last time, it actually tried to let me tell you what i was doing, but the system shut it down before I could type anything

I'll restart it and see if it happens again, but I'm so glad I said to myself, wait, let me save before I edit this preview :) hahahaha good thing! :)

If there is a path where the error output may be, I can send to you manually. But let me reboot and see if that clears things up.

Tory

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Okay I believe after the reboot, it let me type what I was doing, let me know if you get the failures sent to you

Tory

JHinkle
12-07-2013, 11:08 AM
I was not able to use the debug file.

If it occurs again .. make sure I get it.

Thanks.

Joe

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I was not able to use the debug file.

If it occurs again .. make sure I get it.

Thanks.

Joe

Hey Joe crashed again, I'm going to reboot my entire system, but wanted to catch it once more for you, just a small screen share.

http://youtu.be/NsEiJarZhQA

Tory

griffixdc
12-07-2013, 03:37 PM
dang watched the whole video hoping to see what they do and look like but NOOOOOO it had to crash !! grrrr.... lol hope you fix it

angus40
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I see you selected multiple pixels @ 6 segments , but I did not see and preview #'s other that 20- 1 ?

are the all assigned ?

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I see you selected multiple pixels @ 6 segments , but I did not see and preview #'s other that 20- 1 ?

are the all assigned ?

Ya thought that maybe the issue, so tried a single pixel, vs multiple pixels.

6 North poles, 6 LEd modules, 18 channels.

I draw a line for each, set it to multiple pixels 6 and it has an issue, all 6 north poles are assigned and are set to RGB. (these are single pixel features).

I've added to it multiple times without issue, so something here is an edge case.

Actually Angus, maybe that is one issue, how do I add multiple segments? Add each channel?

Tory

angus40
12-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I would gather that a segment is a dumb strip or string . you would require a seperate preview Group and or # for each ?

I do not have any dumb rgb this year so I am guessing here .

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Okay

I tried that but could not get them to register when sending them events. So this picture does not work, but the system does not die.

If I select it as multiple pixels and a count of 1 or 6, and only have a single segment assigned it crashes.

I am uncertain that I should have to create 6 different items for the 6 north poles, but I think that is the only way I'll get around this.

Tory

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 04:15 PM
I would gather that a segment is a dumb strip or string . you would require a seperate preview Group and or # for each ?

I do not have any dumb rgb this year so I am guessing here .

It's not dumb, but I do have a single module in each north pole. They each have 3 channels and I can do as i wish.

In the channels there are 6 created (north_poles_01 - 06), set as RGB.

But yes if I must create a separate item for each , (that's what I will do now), and this could be a user issue trying to do something dumb, vs a software defect.

Tory

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 04:21 PM
It's not dumb, but I do have a single module in each north pole. They each have 3 channels and I can do as i wish.

In the channels there are 6 created (north_poles_01 - 06), set as RGB.

But yes if I must create a separate item for each , (that's what I will do now), and this could be a user issue trying to do something dumb, vs a software defect.

Tory

Okay doing a custom, for each north pole, citing they are dumb RGBs, seems to allow me to set the correct channel and things work. This is fine with me.

Tory

angus40
12-07-2013, 04:22 PM
If each N.pole is comprised of pixels and require discrete control , I would think to draw them ( each line ) as an individual pixel string . .

Though you may have segmented them in your editor display group config etc.

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 04:37 PM
If each N.pole is comprised of pixels and require discrete control , I would think to draw them ( each line ) as an individual pixel string . .

Though you may have segmented them in your editor display group config etc.

Basically what I did, but used custom, and to get a better visual then a single pixel, I set 2 pixels in each north pole as 20-1 for north_pole1, this gives me 2 dots that blink when doing the sequencing.

The configuration for single string , line was confusing me I think

Tory

angus40
12-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Good to hear you resolved this .

JHinkle
12-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't confuse Editing concepts (like Segments) with Preview elements.

You should create a Single line for each Pole.

The multi-line segments --- as you were showing in your video --- was meant to bend corners--- NOT take massive leaps across space and time to another location in the Preview.

Joe

Livermore-Dad
12-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Don't confuse Editing concepts (like Segments) with Preview elements.

You should create a Single line for each Pole.

The multi-line segments --- as you were showing in your video --- was meant to bend corners--- NOT take massive leaps across space and time to another location in the Preview.

Joe
:)

Tory