PDA

View Full Version : Error on Create Image Without Effect

cdinbox
12-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I opened a sequence that has all the channels setup. I clicked on "File" then the "Create Image without Effects". The error message: "Unable to Save Sequence" popped up and no image was saved.
I would appreciate any pointer on where/what I did wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Update:
After I posted this and read the "Dead Preview with Long BEEP". I saw a pointer on the "HLS MAIN Folder". I tried it and I could save the image.
I hope this may help someone with a similar problem.

rfallatt
12-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I am having the same problem.
But I dont know what you mean about seeing a pointer in the HLS MAIN FOLDER.
I can see my image in the bottom tool bar I just cant get it to appear on the screen.

JHinkle
12-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I am having the same problem.
But I dont know what you mean about seeing a pointer in the HLS MAIN FOLDER.
I can see my image in the bottom tool bar I just cant get it to appear on the screen.

Your display has nothing to do with the original post.

So .... I'm confused as to the question you are asking.

Joe

rfallatt
12-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Joe,
Maybe this is in the wrong spot.
But i followed what cdinbox did and cannot get my image to show up on the screen or save. I can see it if i hover my mouse on my taskbar.

cdinbox
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I was playing around with the HLS MAIN Folder feature. I had had the "HLS MAIN Folder" pointed to "C:\hls\music box dancers" when I had the "Unable to Save Sequence" problem. When I changed the HLS MAIN Folder back to "c:\HLS" then the problem went away. This is the first year I use HLS so I'm still learning how to use HLS.

rfallatt
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Ok I did what you said ... and was able to save it, but I still cannot view it.
when attempting to edit or play (the Display preview) does not appear on my screen.

JHinkle
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
What do you think you are going to View?

The process creates a new sequence (copy of what you have) without effects.

You can Close HLS and OPEN That sequence --- But View???? Does not make sense - It sounds like there may be some confusion as to the outcome of the process.

The Menu title clears says --- "Creating a NEW Sequence".

Joe

rfallatt
12-05-2013, 04:51 PM
What do you think you are going to View? My preview (pic of my house)

The process creates a new sequence (copy of what you have) without effects.

You can Close HLS and OPEN That sequence --- But View???? Does not make sense - It sounds like there may be some confusion as to the outcome of the process.

The Menu title clears says --- "Creating a NEW Sequence".

Joe

I am trying to create the preview window. I used your directions and found that the "HLS MAIN Folder" was pointed to the wrong place and therefore would not let me save the Preview.
I don't know why, but I cannot view the Preview to "Place channels onto the Preview window"
As noted earlier I can see my Preview window if I hover my mouse over the taskbar in the bottom of my screen.

JHinkle
12-05-2013, 04:56 PM
It is probably off screen.

Under the Preview Menu --- there is a select to reposition the Window in the Upper Left Corner.

Give that a try.

Joe

rfallatt
12-05-2013, 05:10 PM
It is probably off screen.

Under the Preview Menu --- there is a select to reposition the Window in the Upper Left Corner.

Give that a try.

Joe

No Luck, it did not work.

JHinkle
12-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm confused as to the words you are using.

You are trying to "Create" a NEW Preview?

What happened when you did the preview CONFIG --- where you set the size of the Preview Screen?

Go back and Create a NEW one from the start and be watch the sizing when you FREEZE the window size.

Joe

JHinkle
12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Go into the Library folder and open the .hlsPreview file using NotePad or WordPad.

The TOP will look something like this....

<HLSdataPreview>
<Version>1</Version>
<DocData>
<h_BackGroundBitMap>H:\HLS_Main\Library\TestBitMap.bmp</h_BackGroundBitMap>
<h_Width>800</h_Width>
<h_Height>600</h_Height>
<h_FileLocked>1</h_FileLocked>
<h_Brightness>-100</h_Brightness>
</DocData>

What does Yours look like?

Joe

angus40
12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
the preview screen is getting glued to the task bar .

rfallatt
12-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Go into the Library folder and open the .hlsPreview file using NotePad or WordPad.

The TOP will look something like this....

<HLSdataPreview>
<Version>1</Version>
<DocData>
<h_BackGroundBitMap>H:\HLS_Main\Library\TestBitMap.bmp</h_BackGroundBitMap>
<h_Width>800</h_Width>
<h_Height>600</h_Height>
<h_FileLocked>1</h_FileLocked>
<h_Brightness>-100</h_Brightness>
</DocData>

What does Yours look like?

Joe

I got similar "TOP" except I suspect because I am using multiple computers to sequence I am not moving the proper files.
<h_BackGroundBitMap>C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\2013 HLS (Home)\1 Winter Wonderland\HLSconvertedBM.bmp</h_BackGroundBitMap>
When I was sequencing today I was at work ... not "...Ron\Desktop..."
If I ran HLS off only my flash drive would that work?
Maybe I need to read more about using two different computers for sequencing... do you remember if/where that info may be?

Side note: can I change my brightness in this file?

JHinkle
12-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Just be careful --- you can change path/file-name or brightness if you have the knowledge and skill to open the file and understand it.

Joe

rfallatt
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Actually, last night I did a test on a dummy file.
I made a "Test Preview 1" and "Test Preview 2"
I added effects to Test Preview 1
I was able to change the brightness on Test Preview 1, and also populate Test Preview 2 with the information (effects) from the Test Preview 1.

JHinkle
12-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I just released 18L

It has additional code to help identify if the Bitmap image is no longer available (as in you moved to a different computer and the bitmap did not follow) --- so that should help in the future.

Joe