PDA

View Full Version : A request to update your profile information

Jeff Millard
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
This is just a request to have members go to their User Control Panel and update the Profile info to include something about your location. Recently there was a post asking info about a location someone was moving to. No location data makes it hard for people to search for members by that heading.

I understand that some will have issues with personal information, this is simply to give other members an idea of where we're located. Simply placing state and country is better than nothing. At least someone will be able to contact you if they know you're in their state. As our area gatherings increase, it will also give folks a chance to get the word out to those in their areas.

Thanks,

Jeff

Wayne J
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I would like to bring this back to the top. Simply to remind everyone, while not mandatory, it is nice to know where everyone is located. Knowing the location of members is sometimes helpful on some advice given involving hardware, electrical issues, among other things.

We are a big happy family here, so try to put the 'privacy' thing to the side if you can.

So go update your profiles (in the "USER CP" link at the top of page) to include your location. Heck, even add yourself to the member map. (link at the top of the page.)

:)

To update your profile.......

Click the "User CP" link at the top left of page.

Then on the left click 'edit details'

Scroll down close to the bottom, enter location details.

Scroll down click "Save Changes"

:wink:

rshea
01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Tried to update several times but get this message;

"You did not enter the correct format for the Can you add? field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

kychristmas
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I think its also helpful to update the "Member Map" That way, we can see those fellow members near us at a glance.

Kelly

cmitcham
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
as instructed, i went to add some info to my profile. the following line caught my eye immediately... "Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed"

i can't believe the aches and pains i have collected over the past couple of years, so i would like to change my date of birth. if anyone can post a how-to, i would like to be about 25 again.

thanks.

WireWrap
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
So i would like to change my date of birth. If anyone can post a how-to, i would like to be about 25 again.

Thanks.

Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Me, too!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wayne J
04-08-2009, 06:57 PM
We have aquired a lot of new members lately, so I want to bring this up again. It is helpful to have profiles udated with location. ;)

dnesci
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
We have aquired a lot of new members lately, so I want to bring this up again. It is helpful to have profiles udated with location. ;)

I agree with Wayne. A case in point. There was a member having trouble getting a Grinch to function. I noticed his location was only twenty miles from me and I invited him to bring his boards over. I had a working Grinch set up. Between the two of us, we trouble shooted the problelm in no time. It's good to have someone to turn to when you hit the "brick wall". With location information, member can jump in and help on a more "hands on" basis.

Although, I have had a lot of help from Wayne, RL, Phil and the rest of the gurus, another set of eyes sure helps.

Don

sjwilson122
04-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I have been trying to edit my profile but when ever I try to make a change I get this message

You did not enter the correct format for the Can you add? field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

I get this message instantly if I click on edit email and password information. I also get it if I click on save changes in any of the other fields. Can some one let me know what I am doing wrong?

chilloutdocdoc
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I have been trying to edit my profile but when ever I try to make a change I get this message

You did not enter the correct format for the Can you add? field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

I get this message instantly if I click on edit email and password information. I also get it if I click on save changes in any of the other fields. Can some one let me know what I am doing wrong?

it's a question at the bottom of the screen to confirm that you want to update it, it's a simple math question, just punch in the answer =)

GodSpeed
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Done.