PDA

View Full Version : RGB Arches Chase

mimir
12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I am using Version 18C I have added 4 arches of 21 RGB pixels each for a total of 84. I am having problems using the Chase Group - Select Corner.
After selecting a block of cells and using the RampDN I am then going back using the Ctrl Select to select the group. Once I try to pull one of the corners it will start to work correctly and then after a few seconds it will either freeze the block and not allow me to move it at all anymore or leave "ghost" images as I drag it. I have tried this on some non RGB channels and it seems to work okay.

Running on a 64 bit windows 7 machine with 12 gig of memory. 31,259,360 is the Mem Required number from your approx memory calculation.

John

JHinkle
12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I think you are running into a processing issue --- your computer speed vs how fast you are pulling.

Pulling that many channels is very demanding on the display. Every movement of the mouse requires a complete recalc and redraw.

Since windows is event driven and every pixel move on the mouse generates an event --- if the time it takes your computer to recalc and draw is slower than you are moving the mouse --- your system may get constipated.

Pull slower or pull and stop to let it catch up.

I know of no other reason for your situation.

Please let me know how things go.

Joe

mimir
12-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I have tried it move very very slowly using only 8 of the RGB channels. Pulling the lower right corner when the chase reaches just shy of 1.5 seconds in length, the 8th channel blanks out and the selection will not move any more.

I have tried this in two different sequences. I am going to try a third by adding the channels again instead of importing them with the library. I will let you know

mimir
12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
I tried on another sequence after only adding 21 channels. It did the same thing.

Here is a short screen capture of what it is doing.

http://youtu.be/NMWMfh5IuMY

John

JHinkle
12-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I just ran a test and all worked as design.

There must be something about you sequence.

Please zip the following TWO file --- ONLY these two files and send them to me.

The dot HLS and the dot PCM.

I will do what you showed in your video and see what's going on.

Joe

RobJ
12-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Joe,
I'm running into the exact same issue. Using Ver 18.C and starting a new sequence that does just what his video does. Happy to send my files if it helps.
Thanks.

Rob

JHinkle
12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Congrats --- you found a bug.

I had a fat-fingered copy/paste bug introduced in Oct when I revised the chase process.

Version 18D resolves it.

Thanks for your help in resolving this.

Joe

mimir
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Joe,

Just to confirm, I downloaded 18D and it indeed fixed the problem. I can now happily create my chases!

Thank you very much for the work you do providing this excellent sequencing software!

John