PDA

View Full Version : Group Selection after Copy/Paste

szaske
11-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Steps to repro:

1. Select a group a channels and drop a level fill.
2. Copy the same channels and paste them a bit down your sequence
3. Now click on your sequence again and you'll see an empty selection box the same size as your clipboard. This give you the ability to see the size of the clipboard (nice feature)
4. OOps! You meant to paste them 2 tics to the left in your sequence, move that selection box around, and select the channels you just pasted.
5. Right click and select "Perform action on Selected Group" and select "Move Group Click Upper Left"

You'll see that although it looks like you selected the channels, when you try to move them it actually doesn't move anything. The group select box is broken when in this PASTE mode. I would prefer that it actually does properly select the cells I've clicked on, even though I was previously in the Copy/Paste mode.

-=Steve

timon
11-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I thought that used to work that way. I've come to like the HLS selection box and kinda wish once you made a selection the box would stick around until you hit esc.

szaske
11-22-2013, 11:42 AM
it does stick around. This is just an edge case where you cut/paste. I assume Joe changes the selection box on cut/paste. It looks like a selection box, but it's really an transparent clipboard box. So when you try to preform an action on the box it doesn't work. The work around is that you just need to hit escape and then re-select the set of channels.