PDA

View Full Version : View ForeGround & BackGround Merged...with Segment channels

szaske
11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
The ability to switch views, between background, foreground and merged seems to be broken when viewing segments.

I have a view that is 24 segments channels, and it seems to only show me the foreground.

-=Steve

JHinkle
11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Never implemented the capability in Segments because it can be very misleading.

There are now two ways of viewing Segments --- view ONLY effects that are common to all channels in Segment and GRAY mode where all effects are shown even the ones out of sync.

Try to merge those with Background and the results would different depending of the Segment mode you were in --- very confusing to uses leading to a lot of yelling, crying, shouting, name calling ... you get the drift.

Joe

szaske
11-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, yes I can see how that could get complex quickly, when trying to merge the views together, but I would hope there is a way to use segments to paint to the background layer. Segments are a powerful feature, and so is layers. Using them together can help you build some really wonderful effects.

-=Steve

JHinkle
11-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I did not say you could not use Segments and Background --- you CAN. You just can't view them MERGED.

Joe

szaske
11-21-2013, 03:55 AM
I guess I'm confused. I have a view of segments, and the only choice I am allowed is the MERGED option. If I try to select "View Background" or "View ForeGround" nothing happens. The check stays on "Merged". How am I supposed to draw on a segment channel in the background if I cannot use get that option checked?

-=Steve

szaske
11-21-2013, 10:06 AM
There is definitely strangeness going on here. Here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iwa4d8quiw0x8i/toJoe.zip) is a link to a sequence file that you can download and see what I'm seeing. When you open the file it starts of in a view called "Sleigh Stripes" and in Merged view, which will show out of alignment. This is not correct. Some of it is out of sync, but most should be visible here. But if you switch to my background, which IS in sync...it won't let you. Now switch the view to "All 2013" it will show you all channels and let you switch to background view. THEN if you switch back to the "Sleigh Stripes" view, it WILL show you the background that is in fact in sync.

Let me know if you are seeing the same thing, or if this isn't making sense.

-=Steve

JHinkle
11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
The behavior of Segments with Background is not what I wanted.

I have released 17U.

Enjoy.

Joe