PDA

View Full Version : preview Problems

bob27350
11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
I have updated HLS every time there has been a new release, but I donít always check to see that everything worked as before. I just updated to 17P and tried to open my preview and the preview is not in the list. The list is blank. I look in the HLS directory and I find a file called show 2013.HLSpreview compiled. My preview was named show 2013. All my sequences are there and play fine. The only difference I can see is the preview is not available. Can anyone help? I really donít want to rebuild the preview if I donít have to.

JHinkle
11-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Under the PREVIEW Menu -- click menu #2 - "Identify Preview Control File".

All should be well.

Joe

bob27350
11-16-2013, 04:39 AM
I went to identify preview control file and nothing. The box where you are supose to id the file to use opens but nothing in the box. It won't let you type anything in the box either.

Lionking_Tx
11-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Sorry, I don't want to hijack, but this is preview related as well.....

I can't exactly say how I did it, but I think I used the minimize on the preview screen.
Anyway, I can't seem to find the preview window anymore - HLS seems to open it somewhere on a non existing screen (?).
I closed HLS and also tried different previews I setup as a test, but no window....In the task bar I can see the preview window is open "somewhere", but I can not focus it on my main screens anymore.

Oooops....forgot - I'm using HLS 17R now

timon
11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
This happen to me but there s a sime fix. On the preview menu the is a menu item that will reset the window back to the top left.

Petulka77
11-17-2013, 09:07 AM
True is the preview window likes to hide time to time.
The best is if I have some external pixel plane effects applied in my sequence and the HLS do the building job over a minute and at the end none window. Duh!
Then come back, reset the window and repeat the steps again it takes me almost 5 minutes to do it in my sequence.
Unfortunately the window hides sporadically. I have not find way how to constantly reproduce it. Joe, just FYI.

JHinkle
11-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Is this a recent issue within the last few days?

I did add capability to watch were you positioned that window and then reposition it back.

If the issues is just recent, I will remove the repositioning aspect.

Joe

Petulka77
11-17-2013, 09:13 AM
This is happening sporadically since I work with HLS. (I have not reported it as bug yet because there is an "escape" way using the reset and I am not able to reproduce it too)

Lionking_Tx
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Joe, unfortunately I can't answer your question as I just started playing with the (for me) new HLS and the whole preview is pretty new to me.
Only recently I upgraded from 11.something to 17 and trying to catch up with all the development you put into HLS throughout the year.

Lionking_Tx
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
OK, I haven't had as many beer as I thought and it really is the minimize.

When opening the preview to edit, HLS seems to restrict the regular windows functions (close (x) minimize (_) and maximize ), but when using the preview in playback, you do have those functions. Now when you minimize the window, it's "gone" and can't be retrieved on any active screens anymore (at least on my PC).

If you select the HLS icon in the Toolbar (I'm using win 7 - 64 bit) you can see HLS has two active windows (the sequencer and the preview).
However, selecting the preview will just focus the main HLS screen and you can't go back to the preview window.

Side note.....
Thanks for the tip with the "reset"....guess I did have too many beer as I should have seen that option :shy:

JHinkle
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
OK, I haven't had as many beer as I thought and it really is the minimize.

When opening the preview to edit, HLS seems to restrict the regular windows functions (close (x) minimize (_) and maximize ), but when using the preview in playback, you do have those functions. Now when you minimize the window, it's "gone" and can't be retrieved on any active screens anymore (at least on my PC).

If you select the HLS icon in the Toolbar (I'm using win 7 - 64 bit) you can see HLS has two active windows (the sequencer and the preview).
However, selecting the preview will just focus the main HLS screen and you can't go back to the preview window.

Side note.....
Thanks for the tip with the "reset"....guess I did have too many beer as I should have seen that option :shy:

Thank you for your observation.

I just played with the Window controls during Preview (minimize/Maximize) and all functioned as expected.

I can't make it break ... so please put on your CSI hat and look for the details.

Thanks.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
11-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Oooops... guess I missed a step - Try this.....

Display preview (opens window)
Minimize window
Either de-select "display preview" or just close HLS (while preview is minimized)
Now preview window opens somewhere in nirvana ...at least on my PC.

Not really a biggie since the reset position works fine

szaske
11-17-2013, 09:11 PM
BTW when this happens to me I select the preview window in the system tray, and then press ALT-SPACE KEY, M, DOWN ARROW....and then wiggle the mouse, and you see the preview window snap to the mouse. I work at Microsoft, so I know all the tricky hot keys. :)

-=Steve