PDA

View Full Version : What color for wire frames

xray45
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey all, first time poster, long time reader.
I was curious to see, for the ones who make their own wire frames, do you just spray paint them? do you paint them white? what color wire do you use for the lights, white or green?
I have some store bought wire frames that are white with white wire lights. I am going to make some frames but I am having a hard time finding white wire lights. It's even harder to find c7 with white wires. No local stores carry the c7 white wire lights.
Has anyone made frames with green wire lights? Any help you guidance would be great. Thanks again.

griffixdc
11-08-2013, 10:17 PM
white makes them more noticable..although also makes rust more noticeable...i usually choose dark colors like brown green or black...Let the lights show the frame not the paint , because in the day time you will just see rust after a month /season or two.

JackFrost
11-09-2013, 09:04 AM
I use RUSTOLEUM black ( prefer flat black , but will use gloss when I can't get the flat ) and use green colored wire . I want the folks to view the lights , not the wire or the wireframe . I also use 3/8 rebar and use incans zip tied ( with black zip ties - the small ones work well ) , from bulb tip to bulb bottom . Tried rope light and just do not like the way the lights look when lit . I can post some pics later if you'd lke . I just finished welding up and painting a few "trees' with faces .

mikeh65
11-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm with JackFrost. Most of my frames have been painted either flat black or forest green. They blend well with the green wired strings. The frames also disappear at night and only leave the lights to be shown. During the day the frames give a shape, don't really show up. Again helps to blend in with the rest of my display. Most all of my frames have been made from 3/16 rolled steal and I use zip ties to hold my lights to the frames.

Macrosill
11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
white makes them more noticable..although also makes rust more noticeable...i usually choose dark colors like brown green or black...Let the lights show the frame not the paint , because in the day time you will just see rust after a month /season or two.

I agree with blending the frame and wire with dark colors and let the lights steal the show.

xray45
11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks to everybody for the advice. When my frames are made I will paint them a dark color with dark wire lights. Every frame that I own (stor bought) they were white on white so I didn't know if making the frames dark would look right or not.
I work in an upholstery shop and use edge wire connectors to connect the frames together. Maybe I will post a picture, this is an easy way to connect joints together. Thanks again to all.

Macrosill
11-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks to everybody for the advice. When my frames are made I will paint them a dark color with dark wire lights. Every frame that I own (stor bought) they were white on white so I didn't know if making the frames dark would look right or not.
I work in an upholstery shop and use edge wire connectors to connect the frames together. Maybe I will post a picture, this is an easy way to connect joints together. Thanks again to all.

A no-weld wire frame. Post up some pics.

Strother85
11-09-2013, 11:43 AM
The siding on my house is white, so for wireframes that will be on my house, I make them white on white, otherwise I agree dark on dark so that it blends into the night.