PDA

View Full Version : Error 104 E131

kingofkya
10-26-2013, 10:01 PM

After upgrading to the latest version i started getting this erroe and no data output.

I do have a fix run HLS as administrator, just kinda odd this happened all of a sudden, it was running fine before. Just though you shoudl be aware.

timon
10-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I get those every once in a while but they go away if I exit HLS and restart even though I haven't change anything. Something internal is getting out of wack, that's a technical term:), and I haven't yet figured out what sequence of events will make it happen.

jlowe
10-26-2013, 11:14 PM
My understanding is that HLS should always be run as administrator.

JHinkle
10-27-2013, 07:19 AM
HLS use a database that can be accessed by multiple processes (I use it in my business). When the database needs to be rebuilt --- meaning it was closed (probably by a crash) and there had been data written to the database - I can not be assured that the associated Index files were written. I flag THAT scenario and force a rebuilding of the index files. Since the databases can be accessed by multiple processes -- security steps in and says rebuilding MUST have ADMIN rights to protect the process.

THAT scenario is the only aspect of HLS that requires Admin rights.

As to the error message. It states that you are attempting to OPEN a socket for Unicast operations that is already open and active.

Version 16N adds a Universe to the error message so that we can see which of your Universes are failing and attempt to discover why.

Is there a reason you are using Unicast instead of the E131 suggested Multicast?

Joe

jlowe
10-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the clarification on when admin access is needed.

jcmarksafb
10-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Joe; I use unicast because on the SanDevices boards, using unicast allows you to access to all 12 universes. In multicast, I can only use 7 universes.
This has not caused me any problems so far.
John

JHinkle
10-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks John.

It shouldn't.

Joe

kingofkya
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Is there a reason you are using Unicast instead of the E131 suggested Multicast?
Joe

SO i don't spread the traffic to the rest of the network I don't need an extra broadcast data on my wireless APs.

When that error happens I also checked taskmanager and netstat, but I did not see anything interesting.
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/the-enterprise-cloud/see-what-process-is-using-a-tcp-port-in-windows-server-2008/

I will check closer tonight see if I can replicate the issue.