PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug when loading Preview bit map

timon
10-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I was just starting to build up a preview. I set my images to several sizes always matching the bit map file I was going to use. When I hit the test button I get a VERY hard crash. I had opened up a new sequence without any channel data but I would not think that has anything to do with it. Version I'm running is 16K. I can send the bit map if needed just incase there is something about it that HLS does not like.

JHinkle
10-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Not all bitmaps will work.

Use a very simple Windows bitmap --- NOTHING fancy and all will be well.

Since the bitmap has to be drawn many times -- performance is tied directly to the type and structure of your bitmap.

Joe

timon
10-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Don't know how I would check if it was a simple "bitmap", it's just a converted image from a jpg that I converted on the Mac. Im not as working about it not working but it crashing HLS.

I'll send you the bitmap and you can see if it crashing on your end so we can see if it HLS or maybe something about the Wine installation.

BTW, what is the maximum size HLS can reasonable handle?

JHinkle
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I'll run the bitmap here and see if I can at least fill the hole you are stepping in.

Joe

timon
10-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I'm hoping it not a deep one:lol:

I'm trying to work this out for the other Mac users wanting to use HLS without needing Parallels or the like.

angus40
10-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks, I'm hoping it not a deep one:lol:

I'm trying to work this out for the other Mac users wanting to use HLS without needing Parallels or the like.

Good going Timon as I plan on getting a mac in the future .

So far with the pc these are the only bugs I have found in preview . :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4RfwpkpDU

JHinkle
10-26-2013, 03:13 PM
The issue with timon's bitmap was it was a non-standard BM.

The header of the BM that defined it's size had a negative value for the Y size.

I filled the hole in HLS to test for a Negative Y size now that I know something out there will create such a thing ... and when it is displayed --- its upside down.

I leave it to the users to get your BM's oriented correctly --- then all will be well.

Joe

timon
10-26-2013, 06:20 PM
It's a weird nut to crack. For some odd reason whenever any mac program I have converts from a jpg to bmp this happens, it's totally weird. I finally had to take the cropped jpg file and upload it to a web based converter to finally get it to work. Glad this is typically a one time thing.