PDA

View Full Version : SnowFlakes Wire Frames LED or Incan Rope Light ???????

beads83
10-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone I wanted to make 8 6ft snowflakes for my show this year and wrap with Rope Light but for the money whats better LED or INCAN and will the INCAN Blue be really dim? your comments are welcome.

kychristmas
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I bought a ton of rope light in After Christmas closeouts and then from one of the presales a few years ago. I was planning on doing wireframes. It just doesn't bend well. If I were doing wireframes I would do some version of LED Strips or strings.

If you can bend it and want to use it then I would say go with LED. Of course the Incan is a great deal cheaper and really won't look that different.

imbluenote
10-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I made 3 3ft snowflakes last year and i used inac rope light that I got on after Xmas sales. I agree with KY it is difficult to bend but with Incan any how if you have it plugged in while wrapping it it warms the tubing up making it more pliable. Others have used a heat gun or hair dryer to warm it up.

Led vs Incan? I think that's really just personal choice. From doing it last year I would try to check what the cut points are so you don't have extra to try to hide.

griffixdc
10-23-2013, 07:54 PM
incandescent ... just because its cheaper . LED because its easier to customize lengths. Visually they both look the same...

Wayne J
10-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I bought a ton of rope light in After Christmas closeouts and then from one of the presales a few years ago. I was planning on doing wireframes. It just doesn't bend well. If I were doing wireframes I would do some version of LED Strips or strings.

If you can bend it and want to use it then I would say go with LED. Of course the Incan is a great deal cheaper and really won't look that different.

It actually does bend well if you warm it up a bit. I used a heat gun to make the bends on all of the LED rope light I bought to make my 5 stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI9pwVTnPJM