PDA

View Full Version : info on new build

barbotte
10-14-2013, 12:51 AM
hello i am not sure if i should ask or not as i am far from understanding all that pc stuff but is there a way to figure out what you guys either improve or fix in the the new build .. i see so many updated lately ( version 26 now ) witch is cool that i am curius to see what's new....I understand that i dont have to updated as it is just a trial.....but i do like to updated so i can play then report all my mistake or bugs like last time.... i did it... i lost my preview lol
cheer

prof
10-14-2013, 01:51 AM
previously there has been a changelog.txt file located in the programs install directory, but.
1/ it is missing from the x64 builds and
2/ it has always been one build behind. eg build 9.9 had the changes made in build 9.8.

sallz0r
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
is there a way to figure out what you guys either improve or fix in the the new build .. i see so many updated lately ( version 26 now ) witch is cool that i am curius to see what's new....I understand that i dont have to updated as it is just a trial.....but i do like to updated so i can play then report all my mistake or bugs like last time.... i did it... i lost my preview lol
cheer

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, all of those builds that you're talking about (DevBuilds) are completely automated, and happen whenever anything is changed in the code base (which is why there's normally one every day or two). That is awesome, because it means you can get the latest and greatest, however because it's completely automated, it's not as easy to add details of what has changed.

The 'official' builds -- like the 3.0.9 that just went public -- are the ones that have proper release notes included, and detail the changes since the last public release.

Having said that, you can get a rough idea of what has changed by looking at the history of the code base:

https://github.com/sall/vixen/commits/master

It's not as clear what's going on, but I try and make sure that developers commit with descriptive info on what changes they've made, so you can get a rough idea on what has been changing. :-)

Cheers,
Michael