PDA

View Full Version : HLS Video Player draws white border around screen

deonb
10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Whenever HLS Video Player plays a video (or even if I just go into Full Screen mode), it draws a white border, around 5 pixels in width, around all 4 edges of the screen. It's not related to any specific video file.

Is there a way around that?

JHinkle
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm using VLC - that's the best it gets.

Joe

deonb
10-10-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm using VLC - that's the best it gets.

Joe

I just tried with the libvlc.dll you're distributing inside HLS_PLAYER_1B. How are you setting fullscreen?

If I just call:
libvlc_set_fullscreen(mp, true);

it changes the playback for me to fullscreen mode without having a white border.

JHinkle
10-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I'll look.

Joe

JHinkle
10-12-2013, 07:15 PM
I just tried with the libvlc.dll you're distributing inside HLS_PLAYER_1B. How are you setting fullscreen?

If I just call:
libvlc_set_fullscreen(mp, true);

it changes the playback for me to fullscreen mode without having a white border.

I implemented the vlc call.

I can't test it my self -- so please try and report back.

On my HLS site --- pick HLS_Player_1_C.

Joe

deonb
10-13-2013, 01:58 PM
I implemented the vlc call.

I can't test it my self -- so please try and report back.

On my HLS site --- pick HLS_Player_1_C.

Joe

No, it still has a border.

I can write my own client to do this - would be good to have one for Raspberry Pi anyway.

Do you perhaps have your wire protocol documented that you're using to drive this player? Or do you mind sharing the client source (I assume you're more interested in investing in the HLS shell itself, and this is more of a secondary project).

JHinkle
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
I put your recommended call in where I flip to full screen.

I have PM'd you so you can download the project.

If you can design a better one -- please do and make it available -- I will help in any way I can.

Joe

deonb
10-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Still very rough around the edges, but I created a new client that can accept the basic HLS commands and play inside a borderless fullscreen window on monitor 0 (multimon support coming next).

Available as open source on:
http://hlsvideo.codeplex.com/

It's purely based on SDL, Boost and LIBVLC, so hopefully should allow for an easy port to Raspberry Pi soon.

JHinkle
10-19-2013, 09:51 AM
That's great.

Thanks.

Joe