PDA

View Full Version : Loading a version 2 HLS effects sequence

szaske
10-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Hey Joe: I'm updating my sequences from last year. Since they were built using an older version of HLS I need to go through the process of importing them with build 11H. I've done this with other sequences successfully, but these 2 sequences (linked below) ran into problem. Here is what I did:

1. Started up HLS 11H, with "Run as Administrator"
2. Selected "Import HLS sequence Use Internal Effects Database"
3. I received the dialog box "Please Contact Joe, Tell him you have a version 2 HLS Effects backup you are trying to load" And the import never finishes.

I've posted the sequences here (https://db.tt/bYKMULwt) as a zip file so you can try it yourself.

Hopefully you can help me recover these sequences.

-=Steve

JHinkle
10-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Why are you "Importing and use External Database"?

All you are suppose to do is open the sequence and save it. This process uses the existing databases.

"Importing and use External Database" says --- I no longer have my databases - I need to recreate them from the HLS file and THAT option did not exist back then.

Joe

szaske
10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm going to assume you miss-typed your response, since I don't think there is an option called "Importing and use External Database". I used "Import HLS Sequence use Internal Effects Database" because I thought that was the workflow that was needed.

1. In HLS 11H import using "Import HLS Sequence use Internal Effects Database"...save it
2. In latest HLS do it again, import using "Import HLS Sequence use Internal Effects Database"

I tried just loading the HLS sequence and saving it in 11H and when I do that (using either "Load HLS Sequence" or "Load HLS Sequence and Rebuild Effects Database" all I get is a blank sequence.

I was using something like HLS 10Y last year, if I remember correctly. I'll see if I saved that version or not. I hope there is a way for me to recover these sequences.

-=Steve

JHinkle
10-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Steve:

As I stated in my last post- your process is WRONG!!!!

You should NOT be using "Import HLS Sequence use Internal Effects Database".

Yes - I typed the menu selection incorrectly but overlook that and follow the intent of the post.

Please follow the steps outlined in my post.

Joe

szaske
10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
If you read my post you'll see that I did follow the steps you outlined, and it did not work for me. All I got were blank sequences. But I think I might have figured out the problem. Last year I was using HLS build 10T and back then you introduced a new feature called "Save HLS as a Different FileName (SaveAs)". Back then I think the feature didn't work. It created copies of the sequences, but if I remember correctly they ended up blank just like what I am seeing now. Looking at the sequences that I'm trying to load now, it looks like these 2 sequences were ones that I tried to rename at the end of the season using your new feature, and I think those sequences then had missing or corrupted effect databases. I'll see if I saved versions with the effect databases.

For anyone who stumbles on this thread the link to the instructions on how to import older HLS files from last year is here = http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Upgrading_HLS

JHinkle
10-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Steve:

Great job at debugging.

It is exactly the reason why I discontinued the "Save As" --- The data bases need to be saved also.

The easiest solution is to just copy your folder and rename the new version's folder.

Joe