PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic and Console

Keith R
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Hope this is in the right place. I am trying to write a program in VB (the dust is flying), to get VSA, that controls my skeleton quartet, to run the sequences back to back. Currently, I am using a command line to open VSA, run a sequence, then close VSA, then open it again to run the next sequence. It is very slow between programs. I have VB running and it works, but my issue is that it works only if you press a command button to create, to play, and to destroy. I want the program to do all of that , and play the next song, and the next, then loop back to the top and do it again, without having to fool with it. Here is an example of what I am trying to do, but the buttons say to "Click", and that is not what I want. I don't know the commands well enough to get me over the hump.
Thanks for your help

djulien
10-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Will putting a timer between the sections of code that you currently have in the button event handlers do what you need it to do?

don

Keith R
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Will putting a timer between the sections of code that you currently have in the button event handlers do what you need it to do?

don
I suppose it would if the timer was set to the same length as the routine. I always try to learn something new when I do this, and most of the time I am just to stubborn to bite the bullet and buy shelf items that do the same thing. I ended up buying Helsman (Monkey Basic) last night, and it does exactly what I needed. I may still look at the VB stuff, but I am shelving that project for now and moving forward.
Thanks for the reply.