PDA

View Full Version : Preview

jimbo3301
10-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi Joe

Moved my HLS directory from my desktop to my sons laptop yesterday so he could sequence a song and the preview is acting strange. When I display the preview all of the elements (mega tree, arches, etc.) are visible and do not respond to a sequence when played. The exception is elements I created using the the triangle tool work fine. I also copied the same HLS directory to my laptop and everything works as expected. Any thoughts?

Jim

JHinkle
10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
If you moved the complete HLS folder and if all of the sequences are subordinate to it - then I suspect its his graphic card.

HLS Preview uses a DirectX 3D gaming engine I created. You need a decent 3D graphics card with memory - to do Preview.

Joe

jimbo3301
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi Joe

He plays World of War Craft, Diablo and a few other games on his laptop without a problem. These games are fairly graphics intensive. He also sequenced using HLS last year with the same laptop. The only difference is he formatted his HD a few months back. I'm wondering if he has the latest version of Direct X loaded. Would that make a difference?

Jim