PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild error HELP!

yosemite
08-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I just started using HLS again and have downloaded and set up the new version.
I downloaded the preview and assigned all the channels. I assigned the work group for the channels I was working with .
I made some effects to see if everything is working and the effects would not play in the preview.
I tried to rebuild the effects and get an "Rebuild failed isam_err=485, sysiocod=5" what happened ? now its locked and won't let me open the file

angus40
08-04-2013, 11:02 AM
If you have saved during any point in your sequence , try this >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKHS-g9j0Q

JHinkle
08-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Rebuild will always fail if not run in admin mode.

Right click on the HLS icon --- select run as admin --- then rebuild will do its thing.

Joe

yosemite
08-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Run as admin did it .
Now it will not play back on the channels I designated to be non rgb multible strings treated as one . My thoughts were this should light up the same drawn element with more than one channel assigned to it. Is that correct? I run Red, Green, and White incan strings together on my mega tree and several other areas of the display.
Also, is there a way to assign bulk channels to a custom element? I drew a small sleigh and assigned each block in the display to the same element.

Thanks for the help!

yosemite
08-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Fixed It ! Converted all the multi channels to RGB.

yosemite
08-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I did get the preview to work correctly with the multiple channels but it seems my Mega tree disappeared in the process.
If I open the preview all the elements are there assigned and will work if I hit the show button for each channel but if I play it in a sequence the preview with the black outlines of the channels, it isn't on the picture and will not play. I deleted the mega tree entirely, rebuilt it in a slightly different spot on the preview picture and it will only show 1 pixel dot on the playing preview screen but still shows the entire tree and all channels in the configuration preview screen. I also tried to load a new picture and name it differently add a mega tree assign the channels and tried to play that and the same 1 pixel dot showed and nothing else. any suggestion?

JHinkle
08-07-2013, 12:05 PM
It sounds like you built the tree but did not map the lights on the tree to specific Preview Groups and Channels.

This process tells HLS what channels to map to which light.

Joe

yosemite
08-09-2013, 06:35 AM
I looked at the mapping and it seems to be correct. I can make a tree with dumb RGB and it works fine. I can also make a multiple mega string and it works fine but when I use the multiple option on the mega tree it will not show the tree on the preview screen but it does show the tree in red and it will turn green when clicking the show on the preview setup screen. For now I over laid three single mega trees and made them dumb RGB and it will work. It just seems like the multiple option will not work with a mega tree setup.

habbosrus
08-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Try this.
Right click on a cell in your pixel plane, choose "Add HLS Custom Pixelplane Effect", then "Assign Channels to Pixels". Ensure you have assigned all channels to pixels.

JHinkle
08-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I looked at the mapping and it seems to be correct. I can make a tree with dumb RGB and it works fine. I can also make a multiple mega string and it works fine but when I use the multiple option on the mega tree it will not show the tree on the preview screen but it does show the tree in red and it will turn green when clicking the show on the preview setup screen. For now I over laid three single mega trees and made them dumb RGB and it will work. It just seems like the multiple option will not work with a mega tree setup.

What are you attempting to do.

You should not be overlaying in HLS.

Joe

yosemite
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Joe,
I am trying to create a mega tree that has red, green and white incan strings into one mega tree in the preview.
when I create the tree and add the channels for dumb RGB it works fine. If I take the same tree an add the multiple strand treated as one option the tree disappears from the playback preview but remains on the build preview. I have several other elements that I drew with the line and triangle that work fine it just will not work with the mega tree. I used the settings 24 channel , 50 light strings, force non pixel, name it, create tree, OK . The box comes up to add the channels click the channel, click multiple strings treated as one , add the 2 additional channel then OK. When I complete the tree and click show it will show each channel correctly, but if you play the sequence which I put information in to turn on the lights nothing happens and the tree does not show up in black like the rest of the items in the play preview screen. Hope this helps. I actually made three trees just a little different size and placed the over each other not quite an overlay. that works also.

JHinkle
08-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Joe,
I am trying to create a mega tree that has red, green and white incan strings into one mega tree in the preview.
when I create the tree and add the channels for dumb RGB it works fine. If I take the same tree an add the multiple strand treated as one option the tree disappears from the playback preview but remains on the build preview. I have several other elements that I drew with the line and triangle that work fine it just will not work with the mega tree. I used the settings 24 channel , 50 light strings, force non pixel, name it, create tree, OK . The box comes up to add the channels click the channel, click multiple strings treated as one , add the 2 additional channel then OK. When I complete the tree and click show it will show each channel correctly, but if you play the sequence which I put information in to turn on the lights nothing happens and the tree does not show up in black like the rest of the items in the play preview screen. Hope this helps. I actually made three trees just a little different size and placed the over each other not quite an overlay. that works also.

Let me look into it.

I use single color LED strings. I use mega-strings on my tree --- R+G+B+W.

May I make a suggestion --- if you imported a sequence from Vixen --- go thru a RGB conversion and turn those three single color channels into a single dumb RGB string.

You will save channels in the editor and make life much easier.

Sequence as if you have a dumb RGB string instead of three ican strings.

If you ask for a secondary color --- you will just just two strings being activated. If you just do single color R - G - B --- you can control their intensity levels also.

Hope that helps.

Joe