PDA

View Full Version : How to create an MP3 in iTunes

corytcline
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
After some searching i finally found the right set of clicks to do this.
Open iTunes
Click edit at top
Click preferences
Click import settings
Make sure you are importing with the mp3 encoder
Choose song
Right click
Click create mp3

This was asked how i did this some time back by who I can't remember but better late than never. And if you didnt know now you do

Happy sequencing everyone
Cory

Wayne J
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
This can prove to be very useful! Thanks for the info!!

ErnieHorning
07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
You just have to get that MP3 file out of the ITunes directory, otherwise both files will show up in your ITunes list. ITunes doesn't show you the difference.

corytcline
07-30-2013, 05:50 AM
Yes they both show up in the list but you can watch the MP3 pop up when you create it. You can also right click and choose properties or info cant remember which it is and it will tell you if it is an MP3 or MP4 or whatever.

corytcline
07-30-2013, 05:52 AM
This can prove to be very useful! Thanks for the info!!

Your welcome, hope it helps a few out!

North Of The Border
07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
when you create the MP3 after it has finished downloading move your courser over the other song right above the one that just downloaded, right click and delete, leaving only MP3 files in your library, not only do you not need two copies of every song you purchase it also keeps your library clean.

corytcline
07-30-2013, 07:15 PM
when you create the MP3 after it has finished downloading move your courser over the other song right above the one that just downloaded, right click and delete, leaving only MP3 files in your library, not only do you not need two copies of every song you purchase it also keeps your library clean.

Great idea time to clean my library!