PDA

View Full Version : RGB Spotlights/Light Cannons (Non Moving)

christmas_junkie
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
I came up with the idea of creating RGB Light Cannons that you could line up in rows and change the colors of light a fence or something for an effect. They would be DIY and i dont know how we would make it. The need to be really bright. Come on you inventors lets make this one.

lbro
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
This has been done, look for it in the April issue of the newsletter.
Lou

Macrosill
02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Are you giving me a hint Lou?

christmas_junkie
02-27-2008, 08:46 PM
im thinking of doing it a little bit differently tho.

mrpackethead
02-28-2008, 02:32 AM
is 100W of LED enough??

This is the christmas card project wth the 4 channel RGBW driver is all about.. It can drive up to 8 3 W LED's per channel.. Trust me its ****BRIGHT*****!! I'd estimate its as bright as a 1000W of halogen..

**LOOK*** under christmas card forum

christmas_junkie
02-28-2008, 02:51 PM
From what i understand on your flood light you can turn on each individual RGBLED and change each of there colors. I want to make one where all of the blue leads are connected to the same ground, red to the same ground , etc.
and so it would only take 3 or 4 channels to control an unlimited amount of floods that are connected togethor so they are sychronized. or you can make groups connected togethor or indivudally controlled floods. See what i mean?:confused:

mrpackethead
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
From what i understand on your flood light you can turn on each individual RGBLED and change each of there colors. I want to make one where all of the blue leads are connected to the same ground, red to the same ground , etc.
and so it would only take 3 or 4 channels to control an unlimited amount of floods that are connected togethor so they are sychronized. or you can make groups connected togethor or indivudally controlled floods. See what i mean?:confused:

The system is very flexible.. you could have one LED per driver, or you could have up to 8 3W leds per driver. Theres four drive circuits on a single board.

If you wanted more than 8 Leds per 'channel', thats not a problem either.. A single board could be configured to run as a single channel, running 32 LEDS, on a single channel.. If thats not enough...

You could take two ( or more ) more boards, and give them the same channel number, making the all work together... In theory, at least you could drive 32 x 32 LEDS (1024) on a single channel.. 3000W of LED will be daylight!!!

Btw, you dont' have to use 3W Leds, 1W and smaller work well as well.. However if you are lookign to run lower than about 150mA per drive circuit then you probably..

christmas_junkie
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok ill make your board cuz it sounds pretty cool. Can you tell what i need to make for this application:
I have an emty fence that will have nothing on it. I want to be able to accent it by covering it in light with a flood that can change colors. It needs to be pretty bright. no need to move around. and i need it to hook up with a couple other floods.... is this possible?