PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Lights 2007

Macrosill
02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I go out and check the mail yesterday and to much surprise I find a media mailer in the mailbox from Greg Young. Its the dvd set Holiday Lights 2007. I was like a child. I ran inside, ripped it open and threw it in my pc. Of course I had to go right to disk 2 chapter 14, my display to see what magic Greg worked. I caused Greg some trouble this year as I was a very very late submitter. We exchanged some emails and Greg was very considerate to allow me to still submit my display. This is my second year on the set and the 3rd set I have bought.

The only other DIY'er I noticed on the set was Ernie Horning. Great Job Ernie.

Greg did an amazing job once again on this dvd set. The displays are awesome! Talk about a collection. I have lots new ideas already for this coming year. This is one great way to see what others did and use it as a tool to up the anti for your own display next year.

Just wanted to let everyone know the dvd set is finished and to get one as soon as you can. Greg does great work and the quality is top notch. Lets show our support for the DIY'ers on the set and Greg, a member of DIYC, who put in so much time.

Thanks again Greg!!!! And maybe I could get a commission of any dvds DIYC members buy? :lol:

rstehle
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
How do I order one?

Macrosill
02-27-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.youngschristmas.com/html/holiday_dvds.html

Greg Young
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments Brian, and I am glad you are enjoying the DVD set! The displays are magnificent again this year!!
The real thanks go out to each person who generously shared his/her display with all of us!
I have already "borrowed" 2 ideas from the displays in this year's Holiday Lights to use in my display next year (so even those of us who have been doing displays for a while (ie 30 years for me) are always learning something new)!
I will be posting (tonight) the ordering information here, along with a brief description of what's on the sets that are available.
The PayPal address on my website is no longer valid. I keep uploading the new information, and it won't take.
When I am done with some other DVDs I am working on, I will try to get that webpage page fixed.
Anyway, when I get home from work tonight, I will upload that information in a post here.
Greg

kmc123
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Any news on posting some sample clips on YouTube.com or for High Res - Vimeo.com???

I'm sure if you posted a few teasers, you'd generate a lot mors sales than sight unseen.