PDA

View Full Version : CSV File problem

VBryan
06-15-2013, 10:59 AM
I am new to HLS but I think I am doing this correctly. I converted a LOR file to HLS then opened Channel Manager and changed the order of the channels. Then I clicked export CSV file. I worked on the file with no issues and closed the session after a save. Later after opening HLS I opened the HLS sequence I was working on. Then I selected Import CSV and Update Raw Channels. I clicked yes on making sure you have saved the file. Then selected Import Based on Current name and selected all 5 check boxes and clicked OK. Then I selected the CSV file for my sequence a window opened saying your Raw channels have been updated - 0 entries were not matched and I clicked OK. The next window says channel count and closes very quickly then a window opens to say save complete when I click OK HLS closes down. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the software?

JHinkle
06-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Why were you importing the CSV file?

What were you attempting to accomplish?

Joe

VBryan
06-15-2013, 02:47 PM
When I opened the sequence the second time the order of channels as listed in the Channel manager was not what I set up so I thought that by loading the CSV file that would correct that.

JHinkle
06-15-2013, 03:05 PM
The last column in the csv file is a flag that says operate on this channel.

If you left those cells at value 0 --- you told me to ignore that row.

Joe

VBryan
06-15-2013, 06:26 PM
I assume that you want me to check the left column in the manage Channels; Manage raw channels screen. If so I did that, then click on refresh after order change" it does not put them in the order I just entered and when I open the file the channels are still not in the order that I put in the order column. In fact the order column is renumbered when I open the file and it is not what I saved nor is it universe/channel order. How do I get the program to order the channels in the order I want and keep it that way?

angus40
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
You may need to check mark unfreeze to edit .

JHinkle
06-15-2013, 08:08 PM
What are you attempting to accomplish.

There is a "Refresh after Order" so you see the reorder.

Note --- the reordering is done per "Universe".

Joe

VBryan
06-15-2013, 09:24 PM
What I am attempting to do is reorder the channels in the same order that I have been working on them in LOR. This is not in order by universe. For instance I have wreaths and bows across my house they are fed from different controllers but I group them together so I can sequence them either all, all off, sweep from L to r or right to left, or other pattern. I assumed that the order column in the Channel Manager screen would do this since it lets me change that number and allows me to change a group by entering the first order number but apparently I am incorrect. So my question is; "is there any way to order the channels other than by the universe they are tied to?"

angus40
06-15-2013, 09:35 PM
you should just create your display work group with the channels and order you want .

manage channels is just the front end of hls

assigning things like > name , universe , preview #, etc

JHinkle
06-15-2013, 11:44 PM
What I am attempting to do is reorder the channels in the same order that I have been working on them in LOR. This is not in order by universe. For instance I have wreaths and bows across my house they are fed from different controllers but I group them together so I can sequence them either all, all off, sweep from L to r or right to left, or other pattern. I assumed that the order column in the Channel Manager screen would do this since it lets me change that number and allows me to change a group by entering the first order number but apparently I am incorrect. So my question is; "is there any way to order the channels other than by the universe they are tied to?"

Order has ONLY to do with Channel Order in a Universe --- This has to do with transmitting to your controller.

If you want to Sequence in a specific order --- that is using Work Groups as Angus stated in his post.

HLS has a lot of flexibility in allowing you to do things easily --- watch so you don't take methodology from another sequencer and apply it to HLS--- HLS may not work that way.

So ... How you sequence and in what order in the sequence grid has nothing to do with Raw Channel Order ---- ORDER in Display Groups.

Hope that helps now that I finially figured out what you were trying to do.

Joe