PDA

View Full Version : Advantages/Disadvantages of Inflatables

sathya44
05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Some of the inflatables look cute, but the only thing is that they break easily. They can be stored easily. They don't take up too much room. They don't entertain you as much as blow molds do. Inflatables look like garbage on your lawn during the day. It's just a waste of energy to keep them up. It kind of pollutes the earth.

derekbackus
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
I agree with your disadvantages. Too much of a PITA to bother with. I had one this year. The fan barely had enough oomph to keep it up and then it got water in it and froze... snow gets on it, baah.

imbluenote
05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't have any inflatables for my animated show...but I do for the "static" back yard (and for Halloween),I prefer inflatables making due to storage, plus for impact. I don't think a 12 ft Frankenstein blow mold would store too well.

tjetzer
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Disadvantages of inflatables = Ugly

Disadvantages of blow molds = Ugly.

This one is a tie.

Materdaddy
05-29-2013, 05:44 PM

This one is a tie.

:lol: Can't please 'em all, huh? I actually think (some) inflatables look better than (some) blow molds.

Robo
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I agree with your disadvantages. Too much of a PITA to bother with. I had one this year. The fan barely had enough oomph to keep it up and then it got water in it and froze... snow gets on it, baah.

I have my frosty and grinch turn on every hour after noon, for 10 mins. Keeps them from being stuck on cold wet days.
I too hate seeing it deflated on my lawn. I placed both of them behind my light arches. it helps to block the view of them when they are down

Wayne J
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I have my frosty and grinch turn on every hour after noon, for 10 mins. Keeps them from being stuck on cold wet days.
I too hate seeing it deflated on my lawn. I placed both of them behind my light arches. it helps to block the view of them when they are down

That's a great idea! I will have to remember that.

kingofkya
05-29-2013, 11:41 PM
I just live in Las Vegas. Hey works for me :P

budude
05-30-2013, 01:09 AM

This one is a tie.

So... you won't be selling these at diyledexpress then? :lol:

okshadow
07-07-2013, 08:37 PM
I have to say I have both and my inflatables draw tons more attention.
My new one for this year.

timpwk
07-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Advantages: They use less power than traditional incandescent lighted tinsel figures, if a light goes out it is easy to find and replace, very easy to store and their larger size allows them to frame the back of a display.

Disadvantage: Pain the butt when it snows and/or freezing rain! (Tried leaving them up but the snow and ice usually bring them down!)

Sigmo
07-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Neither do really well when the wind gusts to 80 or so. :)

Phoned in.

holidaygirl
09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Those are awesome!

sathya44
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Which are awsome?

North Of The Border
10-01-2013, 03:48 PM
I put all mine in a green garbage bag three years ago, then I moved them to the garbage bin and the truck took them away, am I sad? I think not.