PDA

View Full Version : Paint E Guid Not Found

DGN
05-19-2013, 09:03 PM
I saved a sequence under a different filename (Save As) and when I tried to open the new sequence I get this error message:

Noticed all the effects were gone in the new sequence.

HLS version 14E

JHinkle
05-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Save As - is very complicated because there are many files that must also be saved (under a different name).

Question - why did you want to save the sequence under a different name?

Best way is to make a NEW folder under your new name and copy the contents of the existing folder into that one.

The original intent of the Save as was to create a new HLS file (it contains the effects data in a backed up state). Open the SavedAs file with the menu selection that say to expand the INTERNAL database. I don't know if I fully implemented the process as I never use SaveAs - that is why I asked your purpose.

So --- open as stated above and hopfully the saved effects will populate the database.

Joe

DGN
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I wanted to try different effects / switch effects around on the different display items, without messing up the original sequence. Also I'm wanting to add RGB next year and wanted to see how the sequence would work / look. I know HLS has backup files but trying to remember all the different saves .... :wacko:

JHinkle
05-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Best is to make a copy of the folder - then change the folder name ---- the sequence name will remain the same.

By making a copy of the folder - you have an exact copy.

Joe

DGN
05-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I thought of that, but I like doing things the hard way :twisted:.
Anyway, I copied all the files to a new folder, changed the "oldfilename.hls" to "newfilename.hls" then opened the new file with file -> Import HLS sequence Use internal effects database. HLS created all the necessary files with the new filename. Then I deleted the copied files and all is well.

Thanks for the great help and the great efforts you have put into HLS!

~Graeme