PDA

View Full Version : String Destructor Error within HLS

aussieguy
05-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Hello All HLS users,

I have created a custom audio file which is a little over 10mins long. Created using Audacity. I loaded it into HLS and started to create channels. When i went to save the sequence i got this error and when i try to restart the program and open up that sequence i get the windows "an error has occurred" "send a report" (usual windows report)

ERROR -- EXIT PROGRAM
STRING DESTRUCTOR ERROR

Im using version 11H.

Anyone know what im doing wrong or is there a limitation within the program (HLS) that im maxing out

Cheers

habbosrus
05-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Sorry I can't help with this one. I haven't seen that error before. Send a pm to Joe (jhinkle) and include as much info as you can.

IdunBenhad
05-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi:

The latest version of HLS is 13x. It can be found here: http://joehinkle.com/HLS/. The answer to your problem may have already been taken care of.

JHinkle
05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Hello All HLS users,

I have created a custom audio file which is a little over 10mins long. Created using Audacity. I loaded it into HLS and started to create channels. When i went to save the sequence i got this error and when i try to restart the program and open up that sequence i get the windows "an error has occurred" "send a report" (usual windows report)

ERROR -- EXIT PROGRAM
STRING DESTRUCTOR ERROR

Im using version 11H.

Anyone know what im doing wrong or is there a limitation within the program (HLS) that im maxing out

Cheers

One of your Strings was larger than the space I allocated for it.

I suggest moving to the latest version and see if you still have the issue.

If so --- let me know.

Joe

aussieguy
05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
As suggested i upgraded to 13x software.

Now when i open HLS and open up the same sequence i get a error

"Read Error during HLS Loading - Channel Data"

when i accept ok to the error the HLS shuts down. Re-opening and selecting the same file it does the same thing. Opening a previous sequence that i have done opens perfectly. So back to my other file (causing me grief) i try using FILE > OPEN HLS SEQUENCE AND REBUILD EFFECTS DATABASE. when i use this one it does say the file

EFFECT requires to be rebuilt
DICTIONARY requires to be rebuilt
EFFECTS requires to be rebuilt
PPDATA requires to be rebuilt

then after it tries doing these then i get the same error again "Read Error During HLS Loading Operation - Channels Data

Im thinking its my audio file but what can i do to fix it as i really put alot of time into making it?
Thanks for all your help and input!!

Cheers

JHinkle
05-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Can you zip up your folder and make it available to me to look at?

Thanks.

Joe

aussieguy
05-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Just zipping it now and will PM you the file. Cheers and thanks again

angus40
05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
As suggested i upgraded to 13x software.

Now when i open HLS and open up the same sequence i get a error

"Read Error during HLS Loading - Channel Data"

when i accept ok to the error the HLS shuts down. Re-opening and selecting the same file it does the same thing. Opening a previous sequence that i have done opens perfectly. So back to my other file (causing me grief) i try using FILE > OPEN HLS SEQUENCE AND REBUILD EFFECTS DATABASE. when i use this one it does say the file

EFFECT requires to be rebuilt
DICTIONARY requires to be rebuilt
EFFECTS requires to be rebuilt
PPDATA requires to be rebuilt

then after it tries doing these then i get the same error again "Read Error During HLS Loading Operation - Channels Data

Im thinking its my audio file but what can i do to fix it as i really put alot of time into making it?
Thanks for all your help and input!!

Cheers

1 question , did you make a copy before you reverted back to the earlier version of hls ?

You posted on Acl and mentioned you reverted back to version 11h.

If I remember correctly 11h or there abouts is the break off from old to new versions of hls . taking a current version sequence back to an older release is probably the root of your issues .

aussieguy
05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
PM sent

angus40
05-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Editing audio after the fact in audacity and applying to a hls sequence requires 2 things to work correctly .

1 )replace the wav or mp3 with the new version >> keep the name the same .

2 ) create a new .pcm with the new audio version in a Dummy sequence > this new .pcm will need to be used alon with the new audio .

aussieguy
05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey Angus,

I see what your saying. The issue is on a new audio file. Coming straight from Audacity. I scraped the idea of trying to import channels and sequence as i feel it was over my head.

Im just adding a new sequence and starting to add channels and this is where im getting issues.

If your not confused now then you soon will be!! ha ha Or is it me who's confused??

angus40
05-11-2013, 07:22 PM
lol . what version are you using now ? :)

I only have experience with Hls to version 12m .

Maybe next year I will advance to the next version . good luck with your challenge

JHinkle
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
I was just on the Ausi site and found more information on this issue.

The Audio file is 10 minutes long.

HLS was designed to accommodate commercial songs - no longer than 3 to 6 minutes.

My Thriller is 5:58 and all is well.

I have a 500Meg or 1/2Gig buffer I use during save and open operations --- you are blowing that buffer ---- there is a lot of data PER channel that is saved.

Consider --- I save a LOT of DWORDS and FLOATS and 64UINTS for each time tic. 10 minutes at a 50msec tic rate is 12,000 tics.

Because of the number of tics in your audio file, and the data per tic and data per channel that must be saved - you require MORE than 500M - PER CHANNEL!!!.

Consider making you audio shorter in length.

Thanks.

Joe