PDA

View Full Version : Editing Segments of LIghts

gizmohd
03-25-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is an issue or expected behavior, but Ive run into a situation that confounds me...

When I edit a segment of lights (multiple channels segmented into one logical channel) and make my changes everything goes as expected. But if I save the routine, then come back to it later on (either by selecting another group of channels to work on and then coming back to the group with the segments in them or by closing HLS and reopening it) I get a solid bar in place of my effects.. .The only way I am able to edit it at this point is by going back to each individual channel and edit or remove the effect and start again... Is this intended behavior? or is there an issue?

THanks for all your hard work!

JHinkle
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
By solid bar - do you mean GRAY effects.

Gray effects on a Segment tells you that the effects in that Segment for that period are out-of-sync - meaning all the channels do NOT have the same effect.

Another person had a similar issue. What he did was create a Segment, add channels --- but then he went into Raw Channels and changed the RGB flag on one of the channels thereby always making the out-of-sync be shown.

If you change RGB associated with a channel and that channel is part of a Segment - you must go in and REMOVE that channel from the segment.

I place that burden on you, the User, so you know what must be done and correct it yourself. If HLS did that in the background for you - you would never know the channels in your Segment were changing.

Hope that helps.

Joe

dkulp
03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Also make sure you use 13B or newer. There was a bug in 13a where that "gray bar" would replace all the effects in the first segment.

gizmohd
03-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Yes thank you GRAY effects... I'm using the very latest version, and I have ONLY edited the segments in the whole segment... Never individually... but It always comes back as a GRAY effect if I close the editor and come back to it later... I understand the onus is on me to correct things when they are out of sync, but when I never give them a chance to get out of sync (ie.. only editing a segment of non-rgb channels in segment mode)
it's confusing to have to go back to the individual channels to clear them all... I'd be glad to share the sequence with you so you can see what I am talking about of course...

By solid bar - do you mean GRAY effects.

Gray effects on a Segment tells you that the effects in that Segment for that period are out-of-sync - meaning all the channels do NOT have the same effect.

Another person had a similar issue. What he did was create a Segment, add channels --- but then he went into Raw Channels and changed the RGB flag on one of the channels thereby always making the out-of-sync be shown. Non

If you change RGB associated with a channel and that channel is part of a Segment - you must go in and REMOVE that channel from the segment.

I place that burden on you, the User, so you know what must be done and correct it yourself. If HLS did that in the background for you - you would never know the channels in your Segment were changing.

Hope that helps.

Joe

JHinkle
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Can you zip the folder and make it available for me to look at?

Joe

gizmohd
03-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Can you zip the folder and make it available for me to look at?

Joe

Here you go Joe!... :)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=155EAD5E070DE22!614&authkey=!APKclJsKfuANwZI

JHinkle
03-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Here you go Joe!... :)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=155EAD5E070DE22!614&authkey=!APKclJsKfuANwZI

The Drive sign-in is asking for a name and password.

Joe

gizmohd
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
You may need to log in using your Microsoft account..... because I shared it out for anyone to view... But Just in case Here's (https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=155EAD5E070DE22!121&authkey=!AHH7E00UQwPzXkQ) another link that should work just the same....

JHinkle
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
You may need to log in using your Microsoft account..... because I shared it out for anyone to view... But Just in case Here's (https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=155EAD5E070DE22!121&authkey=!AHH7E00UQwPzXkQ) another link that should work just the same....

I don't have a Microsoft Account - still asks for name and password.

Joe

gizmohd
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Try this one instead...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bc1p8ae9sv05m9x/zy-ubNJk6X

JHinkle
03-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Got it.

Thanks.

Joe

gizmohd
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Got it.

Thanks.

Joe

Good deal.. :) I figured one of them would work for you... ;)

JHinkle
03-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Version 13G fixes the issue --- dumb mistake on my part --- actually introduced the issue with 13B.

Joe

gizmohd
03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Version 13G fixes the issue --- dumb mistake on my part --- actually introduced the issue with 13B.

Joe

I figured, given a chance, you would find an easy solution to the matter.. ;) Thanks! I understand what it takes, my day job is working as a Sr Dev in the financial industry, sometimes it's easy to introduce those new features... err issues.. ;) (It's not a bug, it's a feature!) :biggrin:

gizmohd
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
I get the following error now when I try to open the file I sent you... :sad: 18801

Hmm strange... I overlaid the files that were in the zip i sent you back into the folder.. and everything loaded fine... looks like one of my files corrupted...

Nothing to see here! LOL

JHinkle
03-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Rebuild requires Admin rights.

Right Click on the HLS shortcut and select Run As Admin --- Then instead of OPEN Sequence - select OPEN and Rebuild.

Joe