PDA

View Full Version : Exception Trying to load MP3

gizmohd
03-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I am unable to load an MP3 from any source to create a new sequence... It keeps throwing an exception... I've included two sets of dump files...

angus40
03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Ultimately you want a .flac audio file . use a .wav file and you will be better off than using a mp3.

JHinkle
03-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I am unable to load an MP3 from any source to create a new sequence... It keeps throwing an exception... I've included two sets of dump files...

MP3 files can contain information I'm not interested in or I'm incapable of decoding.

If it fails under MP3 --- use the Internet and use on online MP3 to WAV conversion.

Joe

gizmohd
03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
These were MP3's that in previous releases would convert.... so I'm concerned that something may have been introduced that broke this functionality..

gizmohd
03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Can you also quickly explain the reasoning (I'm sure it will make sense once you do) why we are converting a 4meg mp3 to a 40meg wav file in order to use with HLS.... If it's because of the API's have you thought about using FMOD to process the audio, that way you would be able to support MANY more audio formats.

JHinkle
03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Can you also quickly explain the reasoning (I'm sure it will make sense once you do) why we are converting a 4meg mp3 to a 40meg wav file in order to use with HLS.... If it's because of the API's have you thought about using FMOD to process the audio, that way you would be able to support MANY more audio formats.

I believe ALL of the other sequencers (those that are free and those that cost $) consider audio a side process.

I mean by that - just play the audio and they will play with the lights - they have little to no synchronization between the two.

HLS is very different in that HLS was designed from the floor up to be aware of every audio sample.

It takes too much time to decode MP3 in real time - so HLS works with the WAV format which is uncompressed audio samples.

Joe

gizmohd
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Gotcha... see that makes sense... Also helps to more tightly knit the sequences to the audio.. ;)