PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Matrix - Unevenly drawn bars

jlowe
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
When doing Diagonal or Vertical Bars, the different colored bars are drawn at uneven widths.
Horizontal bars does not demonstrate this issue.

Attached is a screenshot showing an example with the bars drawn at different widths. It is more exaggerated with a higher bar width, but, at lower widths, the bars may be equally sized, but they will randomly have black (off) pixels between some of them.

Edit: Version 12P

JHinkle
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM
When doing Diagonal or Vertical Bars, the different colored bars are drawn at uneven widths.
Horizontal bars does not demonstrate this issue.

Attached is a screenshot showing an example with the bars drawn at different widths. It is more exaggerated with a higher bar width, but, at lower widths, the bars may be equally sized, but they will randomly have black (off) pixels between some of them.

Edit: Version 12P

You need to watch what your controls are telling HLS to do.

Set at 4 bars ... as long as the Bar Width times the Number of bars is less than the number of vertical strings --- you will get a Black bar.

As your Bar width increases the Back bar is gone and now the last bar (# 4) in your case will start eating into first bar with the middle two bars having a width about the size when Black just disappeared. The last bar will keep eating bar 1, bar2, bar 3, etc as you make the bar width wider. Think PacMan eating bars :biggrin:

It is done this way to give you effects not readily defined --- make the controls well out of range and you can get some unlikely results ..... just remember --- YOU ARE CONTROLLING what the effect looks like.

If I did NOT put that type of behavior in ... then EVERYONE would have the same looking effects --- how boring would that be!!!!

Joe

jlowe
02-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I clearly need to spend a bit more time playing around with it to better understand what happens when I adjust different controls!

JHinkle
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I have just added to ability to have Spiral, Diagonal, Vert Bars, and Horz Bars --- be displayed in Ramps ... either up or down.

It really changes the way things look --- somewhat 3D looking.

Look for 12R.

Enjoy.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Looking great...makes me want to get the pixels down from the attic and set up the tree :)

jlowe
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I have just added to ability to have Spiral, Diagonal, Vert Bars, and Horz Bars --- be displayed in Ramps ... either up or down.

It really changes the way things look --- somewhat 3D looking.

Look for 12R.

Enjoy.

Joe

Been playing around with the ramps. Looks really cool!