PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Matrix - Dialog reflects MegaTree when assigning channels

jlowe
02-12-2013, 12:04 PM
If you click the Assign Channels button in the PP Editor for Vertical Matrix, click on the column header, and click auto-assign channels, a dialog box pops up asking if it's a 360 degree tree or to choose the number of strings.

Expected result: Either a prompt that has language and options for a vertical matrix, or, this dialog may not be necessary for vertical/horizontal matrices.

Image attached showing the dialog that opens when "Auto-Assign" is selected.

Lionking_Tx
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Using 12P here and I just get a Box "Vertical Matrix implemented", no Megatree selection.

Edit:
Scratch my comment...I think you talk about a different menu

jlowe
02-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Using 12P here and I just get a Box "Vertical Matrix implemented", no Megatree selection.

Sorry, I may not have been clear.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Right-click grid and Create custom HLS PP Effect
2. Click Assign Channels to Pixels
3. Select Column header 1.
4. Click Auto Assign Channels Sequentially

That dialog is the one I mean, not the one where the initial creation is done.

JHinkle
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM

Edit:
Scratch my comment...I think you talk about a different menu

Don't understand your post.

Look at your picture - it has a MegaTree selection.

You selected Vertical Matrix to implement.

The pop-up is just confirming that you implemented a Vertical Matrix type PixelPlane.

Joe

JHinkle
02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
If you click the Assign Channels button in the PP Editor for Vertical Matrix, click on the column header, and click auto-assign channels, a dialog box pops up asking if it's a 360 degree tree or to choose the number of strings.

Expected result: Either a prompt that has language and options for a vertical matrix, or, this dialog may not be necessary for vertical/horizontal matrices.

Image attached showing the dialog that opens when "Auto-Assign" is selected.

I'll address it shortly.

Thanks.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Don't understand your post.

Joe

I thought he was referring to the initial PP configuration...like I said, never mind