PDA

View Full Version : renumber all channels and multiple universes in a folder doesn't work

robertt
02-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi,

In the channel manager I have multiple universes in 1 folder. If I press "renumber all channels for output" the channels with the same channel number but in different universes don't get a channel number but all get channel number "1".
If there is a universe that has more channels than an other universe then these numbers do get the correct channel number..

(more info)
It makes no difference if the channels are in a folder or in the "root tree" *
If you renumber before all is set in alphabetical order the renumbering goes as it should

Hope this is easy to fix :-)

Greetings, Robert

JHinkle
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
The problem is you do not have your Universes grouped together and in sequential order - the software can't do that for you.

You have universe 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 then 1 .... etc

The software looks for a change in Universe number to begin numbering a new Universe.

Again - if you group your Universes together - the numbering will be correct.

more info .....

It looks like you merged two universes together and THAT is why they are alternating.

More likely ... each was in their own folder (Ordered within that Folder) and then the Folders were deleted merging them together.

Al got himself into the same situation ... it looks like a Sort by NAME will help - coming next release.

Joe

robertt
02-08-2013, 11:37 AM
It looks like you merged two universes together and THAT is why they are alternating.
More likely ... each was in their own folder (Ordered within that Folder) and then the Folders were deleted merging them together.
Al got himself into the same situation ... it looks like a Sort by NAME will help - coming next release.
Joe

Hi Joe,

I merged 2 universes together in a folder from the "root tree"
Sort will do the trick, maybe sorting on universe number as you can do when you assign channels to display groups?
Much easier to undo my own mistake :-)

Greetings, Robert

JHinkle
02-08-2013, 11:37 AM
More Info ......

I changed the Channel ORDER when I brought out Folders and make the Order sequential within each folder ( 1,2,3.....).

The issue above occurs when a Folder is deleted placing those Ordered channel (1,2,3....) at the SAME level as the Non-Foldered channels (which are also ordered 1,2,3...).

I sort by Order - hence the interweave.

Folders has introduced another level complications I had not considered.

This will take some thinking .... please hang in there.

Joe

JHinkle
02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I was trying to do too much in a single Dialog .... Folders just broke it.

The next release --- 12L ---- will implement the following changes.

1. When you delete a Folder --- the channels inside of that folder will be ordered properly to occupy the same level as channels in the Non-Foldered space.

2. You have a Name sort capability --- left click on Name Header. If you did THAT sort to correct an interweave --- you MUST then select all of the channels and do a MANUAL setting of the Order Number ---- which will then straighten every thing out ..... NOTE: with the added process applied to deleting a Folder --- this process (manual ordering) should never have to be done .... it's for those that are in this interweave issue before 12L.

3. I have moved the OUTPUT related Universe/Channel numbering into its own process --- now located under OUTPUT.

Output channel numbering does NOT fit well with Folder channel numbering and I think the Output number process in Raw Channel may have confused some. So by moving the process under the OUTPUT menu ... it positions it more appropriately.

Joe

DanJ
02-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I am setting up my PP channels. When I am in "Manage Channels", there is a button that states "Renumber Universe If add, N then Auto Inc N channels". I haven't found any tutorials or any write-ups on how to use this functionality. I am hoping this will "auto assign" universes of all my PP channels. Or do I need to manually setup universe 1 to drive the first 510 channels, then universe 2 to drive the next 510, etc etc?? Thanks very much in advance!!