PDA

View Full Version : Spiral Effect and "Spiral Spacing" field

jlowe
02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
HLS 12H:

On the Spiral Effect, there is a weird thing going on with the sliders that appear to make adjustments to it.

The "Spiral Spacing" silder will show correctly when first opening an HLS sequence and adding a PP Effect.

However, if you select Meteor, Snow, or Fireworks, and switch back to Spiral, the "Spiral Spacing" slider will now be Meteor Density, Snow Density, or Fireworks.

It always keeps the name of whichever of those three mentioned was set last.

Also, the two text effects show "Snow Density". I am not sure what it should say, but I'm guessing that is not a correct label.

The Spiral effect WILL update properly, even if the label on the slider is incorrect.

Even if you add a NEW effect, it will retain the incorrect label if you have already selected one of those three at some point during that instance of HLS running. Quitting HLS and reopening the sequence and PP Editor resets labels.

JHinkle
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I attempted to change the name of the Slider for the type of effect --- looks like I forgot Spiral.

Yes Snow Density is correct .... you can have SNOW with your text.

The code knows what the sliders do ... it is not impacted by their name --- just the user is impacted with confusion.

Will fix next release.

Thanks.

jlowe
02-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks Joe. Hope I'm not bugging you with these things. As I'm creating documentation, I notice these things. Hope it's helpful to get these posts rather than it being bothersome! Sorry I misunderstood on snow with text. Always more to learn... :)

JHinkle
02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
No problem.

I would rather find an issue when I have time to investigate it --- not when I'm in a corner.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Joe