PDA

View Full Version : Mac OSX

jlowe
01-30-2013, 12:33 AM
So, I decided to try and install HLS on OSX using Wine. Mostly went very smooth, and a lot of the application is functional. However, there are some parts that do not work. I'm not really a mac guru by any means at all, and I'm not a big wine guy either, so... forgive me if the information isn't all that helpful.

I haven't tested output (I figure that's a whole 'nother can of worms!).

Preview works in the sense that you can tell it the size and set a bitmap. However, the bitmap never draws in the preview. When you click "lock it down", the preview window disappears and it comes back to the drawing screen, but there's no ability to name the preview to save it.

Audio loads, and converts, but it does not play sound. The sequence will progress when play is hit (sometimes), but no audio comes. The visual audio also does not appear.

I know osx is not a target for HLS at this point in time. Just thought I would let you know what results I got. You can see more and the relevant log information here:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=OSX_HLS_Installation

Livermore-Dad
01-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Works in parallels just fine, no issues, ran my lights quite a bit via my MAC during the holiday's.

But would love to see if it couldn't be taken out of it's .exe wrapper and run natively. I believe it's C or C+ or something non MS specific. Should be able to do something.

Wine is not all that efficient. Parallels is cheap, but correct the windows license tends to be the more expensive proposition.

Thanks for looking into it however

Tory

MacPro Lion

JHinkle
01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Preview Now uses DirectX9.

You Mac would need to implement/simulate that for Preview to work.

Joe

Livermore-Dad
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Ahh right

Ya it would have to run on opengl to be cross platform, but that is typically behind the curve on updates.

Thanks J!
Tory

jlowe
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Ahh...my bad. I'm for sure not on the curve with wine on osx. I will install that and post back with an update. Probably wont be today.