PDA

View Full Version : Chinese PCB manufactured supplier

blown
01-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Hi all,

I come across this Chinese PCB manufactured supplier - elecrow fusion pcb service (http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/fusion-pcb-service-c-73_116/) in eevblog, just want to ask have anybody have experience with this company? How about their service? I have a 12*4cm PCB need to manufactured. Thanks!

mrpackethead
01-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Theres lots of PCB companies!

I can vouch for Goldenphoenixpcb ( http://www.goldphoenixpcb.com ).. They do a good job and are quite resonable.

RobG
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks to me that this is the same fab Seeed and iTead are using and I can vouch for them.
However, Electro has a free color option, which makes me want to try them (like today :) )

dirknerkle
01-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Interesting that the name of their service (Fusion) and their pricing is the same as seeeedstudio, although these folks throw in the color at no extra charge....

blown
01-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes, ELECROW is similar to the SEEED and ITEAD, the price, 100% E-Test etc, but it offer solder mask in optional colors at no upcharge, it has a big allure for me. I have try the Electro, but it is really expensive, for 4" length and 1.6" width need about $90 without transport cost. So may be I will take a risk to ELECROW to give the blue or black colours a try.

RobG
01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Also, both use the same dru file, so now I am positive it's the same fab as Seeed.

blown
01-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Also, both use the same dru file, so now I am positive it's the same fab as Seeed.
But it is hard to explain the price, Elecrow supply colors and 100% E-Test with free, while seeed need extra $10 for 100% E-Test and extra $10 for colors except green. However, I have try a blue PCB in Elecrow, hope I can get it soon!

gdyrdave
01-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Interesting that the name of their service (Fusion) and their pricing is the same as seeeedstudio, although these folks throw in the color at no extra charge....

There you go Dirk. A chance for a paisley circuit board...LOL

the other Dave

RobG
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Up until about a month ago, you could get several different board designs made in color for a single $10 charge. Seeed made a change recently and now you have to pay $10 for each design. I think color is a pure profit for them, after all, this is just a paint color. I think I will switch to Elecrow for now. They have processed my order over the weekend, great service so far :)

mndless
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Theres lots of PCB companies!

I can vouch for Goldenphoenixpcb ( http://www.goldphoenixpcb.com ).. They do a good job and are quite resonable.

Does goldphoenixpcb offer a small quantity service?? I thought they had a min sheet size....

mndless
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Just placed a small test order through fusion... will see how this goes... :)

dirknerkle
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Cool. I'm cooking up a test with them, too. What I'm interested in is their production time.

RobG
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Just placed a small test order through fusion... will see how this goes... :)

I have used Fusion to make some 1000 boards, close to 50 different designs. I had only few problems with them. Once, my boards were over etched and 6mil traces were mostly gone, another time the boards were really dirty (metallic dust stuck to paint,) then one time mask was off and GND plane was exposed which cause soldering issues.
Few orders came with extra boards, they usually send one or two extras, but one time I got 27 when I ordered 20.
Overall very, very, good deal.

tstraub
01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Well I decided to jump on the bandwagon and give these guys a try too. I took a circuit I've been playing with and rearranged the layout so I could fit 2 complete circuits within the 5cm x5cm size limit. I plan to cut each PCB into two 2.5cmx5cm PCBs when they get here. The grand total for 10 PCBs that will be cut to make 20 was $14.49.

At 9:30pm I submitted the order .
At 10:00pm I received an email at 10:00pm that said "We have recieved your order and the gerber file, our engineer is checking the gerber file, if the file meet the requirements, we will put it into
production ASAP. Thank you!"
At 10:45 I received another email "We have put your design into production, it will cost about 4-6 business
days. Thank you!"

So far they seem like a great choice for cheap small PCB runs. I guess I'll know more in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing this.

Tyler

dirknerkle
01-23-2013, 09:05 AM
The DIGWDF engineers placed an order with them last night before they fell unconscious from overdoses of caffeine and I imagine I'll have some sort of confirmation when I check my email later this morning... It's will be good to share our experiences... They're pretty new on the scene as our order was number 205.

Utimgr
01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll second Gold Phoenix, I've been using them for several years, and have had probably around 500 to 600 boards made by them...or more...I'm ordering 100 each month of one particular product I build. The minimum is a panel...they have two different sizes as shown on their website. Its around $110 for a panel, and you can do multiple designs on a single panel for a small up charge. Like all vendors, I've had some issues with boards, but on the plus side....they always work thru it, and have redone boards for me when there was an issue (I have some really tiny holes for connectors, solder mask filled them). I get emails once a week from other vendors, but I've stuck with these guys because I know them well (sales office is in Toronto).

mndless
01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Just got an email from them letting me know the boards are completed... they even included a picture of them stacked up - prior to packaging... that is pretty cool....
Really impressed with the rapid response and communication... we'll see how the boards turned out when they get here.

mndless
01-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Just put together a small little test plug for a project I'm working on. (to be revealed soon ;) ).. ordered 10 of them, including shipping... $15.00... this is crazy cheap and crazy convenient...

They could screw up 50% of the time and I'd still order at these prices for prototyping new stuff...

The comments for your order are: Dear Customer,
We have recieved your order and the gerber file, our engineer is checking
the gerber file, if the file meet the requirements, we will put it into
production ASAP. Because the coming Chinese New Year, your pcbs will
probably ship after Feb 15th, please accept our sincere apology for caused
inconvenience! Thank you!
Elecrow

Even with the Chinese New Year... that is faster than the service I have been using... good stuff...

blown
02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Just put together a small little test plug for a project I'm working on. (to be revealed soon ;) ).. ordered 10 of them, including shipping... $15.00... this is crazy cheap and crazy convenient...

They could screw up 50% of the time and I'd still order at these prices for prototyping new stuff...

Even with the Chinese New Year... that is faster than the service I have been using... good stuff...

Yesterday I asked them for the quote of 200pcs 5cm*5cm 1.6mm black boards, they give the quote as follow:

QTY 200 5X5 CM 1.6mm thick black
Hasl Hasl(lead free) ENIG
$135 $149 $154

For same specification, if I place order in seeed, I need $200 at least, Itead need $300 at least, so to be honest, the service of elecrow is really fast and cheap! But because of the Chinese New Year, they said the pcb factory doesn't willing to accept my 'big' order, because they are rushed for other orders. However, they promise will give me same price of the quote after Chinese New Year. I think it is not bad for place a small batch of pcb order after got my test board which ordered in 3weeks ago, if the quality is ok, I will place my 200 boards order.:spox:

budude
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I suggest you send your RFQ to sales-jucy@xjypcb.cn as well to see how they price it. I did my last large run there and was very happy - quote is free so nothing to lose!

RobG
02-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I got my first order from Elecrow and the boards look good except for the black paint.
However, this is the first time I got black PCBs, so I cannot compare to anything else.
It might be that the black paint is hard to work with (and that could be the reason why Seeed charges extra.)
I am getting red colored boards next week, so we will see if there's a difference.

blown
02-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Thanks Budude, I have ask them for a quote and waiting for their reply.

blown
02-03-2013, 03:39 AM
I got my first order from Elecrow and the boards look good except for the black paint.
However, this is the first time I got black PCBs, so I cannot compare to anything else.
It might be that the black paint is hard to work with (and that could be the reason why Seeed charges extra.)
I am getting red colored boards next week, so we will see if there's a difference.

The edges are littery. As far as I know, the white and black are more difficult to process than other colors, have anybody have experience with the black pcb in Seeed or Itead? How about their boards? My first order in Elecrow is black too...

BTW, Your order is really fast! I just track my order, it shows that 'The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 28-Jan-2013'

RobG
02-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes, it took only 2 weeks to get them!

I just got a message from them that they are checking all black color orders and suspending new black orders until they figure out the problem.
They took proactive action after reading my post, so that tells you about the service.

Also, this is mostly cosmetic, I see hardly any copper exposed, so there should be no electrical issues.

tstraub
02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
My Elecrow order got here today. I went with blue solder mask they look Great. The circuit I sent in was small enough that I was able to fit 2 complete circuits on a single 5 cm x 5 cm PCB. I just put a dotted line on the silk screen then when they got here I scored the PCB on the dotted line with a razor knife. Then I snapped it in 2 Easy Peasy. I'm very happy with the price and quality of these PCBs. Well off to solder one up and make sure I did as good designing the PCB as Elecrow did producing it.

Tyler