PDA

View Full Version : When did my membership expire?

jeffro
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I just realized my supporting membership had expired. I'm terrible at monitoring these sorts of things, and rely on things like follow-up emails to renew.

Does DIYC send reminder emails for expiring memberships?

ctmal
01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't think they do but I think if you're not a supporting member you'll see ads across the top.
So ads = expired...at least that's what I think.

jeffro
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Hmm, I have some ad-blocking utilities in my browser that made that stuff disappear, I guess. Never did see any ads.

ErnieHorning
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
The first thing I notice is my mail box is full and my signature is gone. It usually takes another day or two to figure out why things are different.

boyelroy11
01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
You can go to your User CP and there is 'Paid Subscriptions' down in the list on the left. If you click that, there is a bar at the top with your start and end date for what you have paid.

HTH
Bruce

EasyGo
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Incidentally, you don't lose anything by renewing early... if your membership expires on Feb. 1, 2013 and you go ahead and renew today, the new expiration date will be Feb. 1, 2014. I just renewed mine.

Lionking_Tx
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Oooops....thanks for the reminder - just realized I have to renew too when I get home.

I agree - An email reminder would be helpful

timon
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't remember if vBulletin has the feature to do renewal alerts, I thought so but I could easily be wrong, but if so could it be turned on?

Mangrove
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I got an email reminder which was a great reminder for me to re-up. That was just a few weeks ago.

duramadmax
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I did too.

I got an email reminder which was a great reminder for me to re-up. That was just a few weeks ago.

Jrd
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I just realized my supporting membership had expired. I'm terrible at monitoring these sorts of things, and rely on things like follow-up emails to renew.

Does DIYC send reminder emails for expiring memberships?
No, or at least, it didn't used to. I made the suggestion to make it a paypal subscription (has the ability to auto renew) a year or so ago but that didn't fly, I don't remember why.

I don't think they do but I think if you're not a supporting member you'll see ads across the top.

I believe you only see ads if you are logged out but I could be wrong, that may have changed last year when some changes were done last year to drum up support.

Materdaddy
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
I also received an e-mail reminder when my subscription was about to lapse. Kept me ahead of the game!

james70818
01-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Can I just get a 5 year or even a lifetime membership? :)

ErnieHorning
01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Can I just get a 5 year or even a lifetime membership?Not yet but I know both were brought up in the Advisory Committee meetings last year. We haven’t met in quite awhile. I guess Brian’s been a bit busy.