PDA

View Full Version : Tree Frame

MSDowney
01-14-2013, 12:27 AM
I have found a source for Small tree frames... I sent my specs to a company and they have said they can do it I have to order 200 of them to get them built and shipped.

If anyone is interested in purchasing some just let me know. As soon as I have enough orders I will order them :)

They are $10.00 each

Attached is a couple of pictures of them.

Mike Downey

michaels.downey@gmail.com

17664 17665

MSDowney
01-14-2013, 12:35 AM
They have 2 inch legs to help secure them in the ground... They have nine rings total for two reasons 1. to help keep a uniform shape 2. to allow for lights to be wrapped without so many zipties.

Synyster_xmas
01-14-2013, 12:39 AM
looks good, how tall are they? looking at the pic i'm guess 3 1/2 feet and a 12" base.

MSDowney
01-14-2013, 12:46 AM
They are 42 inches tall with a 15 inch base. I made some from Tomato Cages about the same size last year and decided to see if I could get better ones. I did a lot of research so I could keep my cost down. The only problem I have is that I have to order that many! :)

milk86
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
so you buying 100 of them? MS

Skunberg
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
note, lots of rings will help it hold its shape if you wrap them top to bottom. Most people wrap them around which would need more uprights to hold shape. I see you have 4, that's better than the three they come with but most people put 2 together making 6 uprights. It's your project and you do what you want, I just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't notice or think about this.

Brian

timon
01-21-2013, 12:03 AM
They look really nice.

Push came to shove it would be easy to tie wrap 4 more rods if you we're going to wrap around.

These would be great for mini pixel trees although the bottom loop may need to be a heavier gauge wire. I was thinking 16 strands which with 4" pixel spacing gives 10 pixels which is a perfice fit for 42". Question is the size of the top ring. I thing 2.5" is perfect as it give a top spacing of .5" and the bottom of about 3".

Could the top and bottom rings be made with a circumference of 8" and 48"? That would be perfect for 12, 16 or 24 strans on 4, 3 and 2" spacing.

I think 2" is a little short for the legs and maybe 4" would be a bit better.

Lastly, have you thought about how to attach a star to the top?

MSDowney
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
They look really nice.

Push came to shove it would be easy to tie wrap 4 more rods if you we're going to wrap around.

These would be great for mini pixel trees although the bottom loop may need to be a heavier gauge wire. I was thinking 16 strands which with 4" pixel spacing gives 10 pixels which is a perfice fit for 42". Question is the size of the top ring. I thing 2.5" is perfect as it give a top spacing of .5" and the bottom of about 3".

Could the top and bottom rings be made with a circumference of 8" and 48"? That would be perfect for 12, 16 or 24 strans on 4, 3 and 2" spacing.

I thing 2" is a little short for the legs and maybe 4" would be a bit better.

Lastly, have you thought about how to attach a star to the top?

48" Ring on the bottom? I am trying to picture all of of your thoughts here. :)

Mike

MSDowney
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
note, lots of rings will help it hold its shape if you wrap them top to bottom. Most people wrap them around which would need more uprights to hold shape. I see you have 4, that's better than the three they come with but most people put 2 together making 6 uprights. It's your project and you do what you want, I just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't notice or think about this.

Brian

Six would be better... Let me see what would happen with that addition :)

MSDowney
01-21-2013, 12:18 AM
What size would be the best for attaching a star on top... I am open to all suggestions :)

Mike

timon
01-21-2013, 12:30 AM
48" Ring on the bottom? I am trying to picture all of of your thoughts here. :)

Mike

The ring is just under 48" currently. I was just suggesting to make it an even 48" which would be diameter of 15.28. Not a big deal but 8", diameter of 2.55", I think would be good for the top.

On the 4 rods, it's just to smooth when wrapping strings around the tree. Someone could pickup some rods at HD when needed without adding cost to the base tree.

11Bravo
02-10-2013, 11:26 PM
what gauge wire is used in the constuction of the mini trees

scott4864
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Did you ever find out what the cost would be with more vertical rods?