PDA

View Full Version : Wizards In Winter

szaske
01-11-2013, 06:34 AM
A few people asked for a copy of my Wizards In Winter sequence. So here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3177444/Wizards%20of%20Winter%20with%20Renard.zip) it is. And here is a video (http://youtu.be/WLZgCe0nvF0) of the finished sequence.

Binkles
01-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Can I ask why you're chosen to make the video unable to be watched by mobile devices?

Not picking on you, as you're not the only person who does it, just curious why.

hasoon
01-11-2013, 08:02 AM
By "content owner" they are probably referring to Trans Siberian Orchestra in this case. When you upload YouTube scans the video for copywrited material to determine if you own the content or not. My Jingle Bell Party Rock Anthem gives the same error and after spending hours trying to fix it I realized they were referring to the band LMFAO not me.

Binkles
01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
But I can watch it on the pc....

I've also had a video rejected for the music in it. But that wasn't christmas related, well it was, but not blinky flashy.

hasoon
01-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Yes you can watch it on PC. TSO and LMFAO don't block all uses, just on mobile devices. Why? I don't know. But if I had to guess its because when you watch the videos online there is a link right there to easily buy their MP3.

hasoon
01-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Also the content owner gets all add revenue and there are more adds on your PC than your phone

Binkles
01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Ah ok. Thanks for that explanation.

Just normally I don't use my pc for much anymore, love my ipad. Sorry this is off topic, but to put it back, I'm looking forward to downloading this and learning from your files.

Really appreciate it.

kingofkya
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Just click on the copyright claim on the video and click fair use. And send a honest message about the video being fair use. They genearly resolve it in a day or two.

Lionking_Tx
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Pretty cool sequence - like the idea of the "shooting" strips (?) on the roof line in addition to the pixels and Icicles

kenjreno
06-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Just downloaded this to play around with. All I see are the channel data, and none of the elements. Am I missing something?

angus40
06-26-2013, 12:34 AM
The date of the posting is Jan. you may need to load the file in version 11h first to update its data base to work in the current HLS version .

kenjreno
06-26-2013, 11:06 PM
That was the first thing I downloaded. It loaded OK. Shows all Channels and Segments. But when I select the display group to work on of All, the grid is blank.

Thought I saw something in a post that the database might not be included, and if that was missing I might have this issue (thinking off the top of my head, but have been known to remember things incorrectly)

JHinkle
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
It depends on what version HLS was that generated the sequence you acquired.

The was a major upgrade --- you may have to do a double jump.

Look at the file menu --- you will find an option to load a sequence and build the effects DB from internally backed up data.

Joe

kenjreno
06-27-2013, 12:05 AM
That worked!! Thanks!
Working great now.

szaske
06-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Joe: I'm going through the same upgrade process, but I noticed that I'm losing my preview setup. Is that a known issue? Do I need to rebuild my preview setup?

-=Steve

JHinkle
06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Preview is not part of a sequence -- it has been seperated so that it can be used by multiple sequences.

Joe

intwoit2002
06-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Very nice, I need to work on mine now.

Well done.

szaske
07-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Joe: I don't understand your answer, "it has been seperated so that it can be used by multiple sequences". In 11H I have a working preview, in 14K I do not. I could not see any method of loading an old preview setup. I assume this means there is no way to migrate previews...so I'll rebuild mine.

JHinkle
07-01-2013, 08:12 AM
If you are referring the my OLD preview --- that is dead and there is no migration.

The new preview uses DirectX and is designed using game technology for performance. If your preview is my OLD style - yes - you will have to rebuild it.

Joe

kjones9999
07-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Can I ask why you're chosen to make the video unable to be watched by mobile devices?

Not picking on you, as you're not the only person who does it, just curious why.

Crazy as it may seem, by default youtube blocks access of videos to mobile devices, so its not a copyright issue.
To make it available, see here:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/how-to-use-youtube-features/lSdZejqD-hA

hasoon
07-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Crazy as it may seem, by default youtube blocks access of videos to mobile devices, so its not a copyright issue.
To make it available, see here:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/how-to-use-youtube-features/lSdZejqD-hA

There are 2 types of people who post videos on YouTube, Those who have never had the copyright owner take over the settings of their videos,

And those how have spent hours trying to figure why one particular videos won't play on mobile devices, only to find out the original copyright holder is the one who is not allowing it, who are then continuously told they are doing it wrong when they try and get the word out.

jlowe
07-02-2013, 09:33 AM
There are 2 types of people who post videos on YouTube, Those who have never had the copyright owner take over the settings of their videos,

And those how have spent hours trying to figure why one particular videos won't play on mobile devices, only to find out the original copyright holder is the one who is not allowing it, who are then continuously told they are doing it wrong when they try and get the word out.

Haha! So true. I spent hours trying to find this secret setting only to eventually figure out it was the copyright holder who sets the permissions for their music. If YouTube detects a song that the holder doesn't want playable on mobile, then it won't play on mobile.

I like how you said it!

nocjock
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
I get Error - Unknown Intial Header of HLS File in v 16.j

kingofkya
10-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I get Error - Unknown Intial Header of HLS File in v 16.j

You need to conver the hls to the new format, open it in HLS_Install_11H.zip (http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS_Install_11H.zip) to convert it then the latest.

mms
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
From a design/sequencing point of view, I love how symmetrical your house is!

sonic777
10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I was just starting to rebuild my Wiz sequence last night, I will have to check this out when I get back home tonight.

DanJ
02-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Steve:
When I try to pull this down I get an error that the file might have been deleted or moved.... Is the file still available on dropbox?
Thanks very much for making this file available.

szaske
02-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Dan I've posted a copy of my newest HLS sequence of "Wizards In Winter" here (http://1drv.ms/1hxKuah). -=Steve

DanJ
02-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks very much Steve. Downloading it "as we speak"...