PDA

View Full Version : Embed Youtube videos directly into your post

Macrosill
01-31-2008, 10:32 AM
I have made a custom BB code to allow you to embed Youtube videos directly into your posts. All you need to do is find the blue square with you tube in it on the tool bar when making a post. Click the blue square and then enter only the video file name in between the youtube tags. It should look something like this : {youtube}3ZrJB6OHI8M{/youtube}

The brackets will be different on the actual code. If I used the real brackets then you would see the video and not the example code.

tconley
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Do you plan to put a text option tag as well. That way you could wrap could that would otherwise get interpreted and display it as the raw typed text. I believe that setting was avalible on the old BB site.

Macrosill
01-31-2008, 01:34 PM
I do not understand what you are asking.

tconley
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
For example..

I had sent and PM to one of the other users on Christmasinshirley reguarding how i posted youtube videos to googpages. i used a http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forum/index.php to show the elaborate url without the board adjusting part of it because it thought it would do auto markup. like simlies and other cute markup

I saw
see attachment

instead of
:) a cute smiley face which broke the html code.

by the way many of the simleys in the editor are broken links