PDA

View Full Version : xLights Nutcracker effects with LOR export

smeighan
12-30-2012, 01:48 AM
The latest release of xLights has added the ability to create a LOR lms or a Vixen vix file.
http://dl.dropbox.co...setup-2012e.exe

I think you could get scrolling text or a butterfly created in < 60 seconds for either one. Creating a lms file takes about 4-5 minutes if you have a large channel count. I had a 4 minute song, 100ms frame timing and 12000 channels, this is probably why it took 4-5 minutes to create the lms.

It took a little over 6 minutes to load the lms file. The lms file was 1.26gbytes.

I made a video of how to install and use xlights, version 2012e

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50766638/xlights-setup-2012e.exe

My current Nutcracker is php and mysql. My code is a few megabytes in size. If you want a local install you need to download wamp or xampp. These are ~ 350mbytes. xlights is a 5byte file. it works on windows xp, 7 and 8

xLights is in C++ .

matt does have horizontal matrix., megatree, vert matrix and single strands targets.

he has all effects except for animated gif, twinkle, tree and countdown

thanks
sean

Skunberg
12-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Sean is the flat garland in xlights considered a bug?

Brian

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

kychristmas
12-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Sean,
Have you and Matt talked about an architecture that would allow for upgrading and adding effects without him redeveloping?

Can't wait to start playing. It would be great if your effects engine could be integrated into all of the new sequencing tools like HLS and Vixen 3.

Thanks for all of your work.

iflights
12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Cannot wait to start using this.

smeighan
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Sean,
Have you and Matt talked about an architecture that would allow for upgrading and adding effects without him redeveloping?

Can't wait to start playing. It would be great if your effects engine could be integrated into all of the new sequencing tools like HLS and Vixen 3.

Thanks for all of your work.

Matt and I and others might get a conference call sometime in january to discuss the future. Currently xLights does not have the ability to share the effects you create with other users. There is no central database, therefore no gallery. There is no animated gifs so you cant post your cool effects for people to see. Single strands are limited to strings of the same pixel count, there is no ability to define odd segments (like when i wrapped my Halloween spider).

But , yes, one architectural design would be to allow an effect to be a) written by someone else, b) shared among Vixen, HLS, LOR and LSP developers.

watch this space, it will be a fun ride in 2013.