PDA

View Full Version : Lights turn off after song with no music

Heldwhat Christmas
12-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I have a 1 minute sequence with no audio that only keeps 1 channel on (it controls my FAST tubes).
I have a playlist that just has this sequence in it.
When I play the playlist (just the playlist or as part of a show schedule) the channels turns off before it repeats.
I have verified in Output "Status of lights during pause or stop" is set to ON. I also verified by looking at the xml in my .hls file.
I've verified in my sequence every block in the grid has the channel set to level 100%.

In an attempt to figure this out I set the first time block after the sequence time was over to also be at level 100% and it fixed this issue (channel stayed on between repeating sequence). Picture attached in case this doesn't make sense. I had this same issue on a second non-audio sequence.
I don't have this problem with my sequences that have music, not sure if a pointer is off by 1 on non-audio sequences?

Once again, great program Joe!

JHinkle
12-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Chris:

It comes about due to round-off error using integer math - and adjusting for it.

MyDocument_Ptr->h_Num25MsecInFile = ((h_NumberAudioSamplesInFile * 40) / 44100) + 1; // this is scroll X units max

The plus one is there to make sure any partial tics are accounted for - resulting in a real plus 1 on one sec boundaries.

Looking at it now -- the intent of the +1 should have been taken into account before the divide --- that way there would never be a 1 sec anomoly.

Those using audio - I don't believe this is an issue.

You happen to know exactly how long your audio is because you defined it.

Just include the last cell - as you have done - as I don't really want to change this.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-26-2012, 01:06 PM
The confusion for me came because the "last cell" is past the grid so it looks like the sequencing is over, it wasn't that I as looking at the exact time. Sounds like as long as audio files don't finish at the exact second mark they won't see this issue.
Thanks for the explanation.

JHinkle
12-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Actually that is the last cell --- last cell does not have a back cell boundary line.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Actually that is the last cell --- last cell does not have a back cell boundary line.

Joe

That's odd... My audio sequences don't have an active effect in the last cell without a back cell boundary line but the lights with an active effect in the "next to last" cell stay on between audio sequences.
I will start to treat that last cell as part of the sequence.