PDA

View Full Version : Dvd and vobs

angus40
12-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Ok I burned Santa in the window to a dvd proper .

In the Video_ts folder is where all the movie files go> namely vobs and ifo's .

My question/challenge is getting the dvd to loop , the cheap projector does not have a repeat feature , any suggestions would be helpful .

Curious to know if ifo edit or something similar has a feature to set the movie to loop from within the file itself .

Cheers
Richard

dirknerkle
12-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Redo the DVD but put multiple copies of the image/show/whatever it is one after another. Depending on what software you're using, you may have to make multiple copies of the source file so there are several but with "copy of" names. Put as many on it as will fit on the DVD and it'll play continuously until it "restarts". If the projector has an autostart feature, it'll just continue to loop that way.

budude
12-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Try downloading VLC (http://www.videolan.org/) (free) - I think it can play .ts files directly and you can loop it as well.

angus40
12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
here is the ez way to fix it sorry i answerd my own question

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=138107

Cheers
Richard

Lionking_Tx
12-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I converted the vob to an avi and stripped the "upside down" version out - now you can use any video player (I'm using vlc)

Virtual Santa is money well spent - people love it and the "hohoho, merry christmas" sometimes fits so perfect into the sequence it's almost it was planned that way.
I just play it in a loop on the same PC HLS runs on, so there is no real planning about it, but people don't know :)

angus40
12-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Well it was my first run with Santa in the window , i am shocked at the response from the children and Adults alike.

The best part was this one little boy yelling from the crowd that he has been good and told him what he wanted for christmas .

The crowds response to this child yelling out was awesome also but it drowned out what he was asking for .

Other kids were certain that this was the real Santa . just an excellent addition to anyone's display .

Also I had a fellow who come to the door asking if i was using Lor boxes and he continued to explain that he had bought 8 of them .

He was beside himself looking at my display , I will go and see his display in a day or so .

It has been an interesting past week . Thanks to many here that have helped me with my goals , my display for 2012 is near completed .

1 star and the strobe cable connection is all i have left to do > and more sequencing ofcourse < then its maintenance and total enjoyment .

Cheers
Richard

Lionking_Tx
12-24-2012, 01:41 AM
It has been an interesting past week . Thanks to many here that have helped me with my goals , my display for 2012 is near completed .

Dreamer....you really think you will ever be finished :)

I's my first year with virtual Santa as well and like you said it's one of the best additions you can make.
Unfortunately the only place for Santa in my house is a bow window broken up in 5 elements, but even you can't see complete Santa all the time kids love it.