PDA

View Full Version : HLS - Version 11 - What's new and What's coming

JHinkle
12-22-2012, 07:40 PM
I have released Version 11A.

PLEASE make a backup of your sequence before using 11A.

Those are strong words ----- I made some BIG changes, I have about 6 hours of testing complete, but there is still the unknown.

I don't have lights - so I can't test that.

Version 11A makes a PixelPlane a Special kind of a Segment.

11A will automatically convert your old PixelPlane into the new type.

The new PixelPlane allows the best of both worlds.

#1.. You can use the PixelPlane as a SINGLE virtual channel that allows sequencing to all sub-channels.
#2.. You can also have access to all of the channels associated with the PixelPlane for doing per-channel editing

If you elected to NOT use a PixelPlane previously in your sequence - under the Manage menu - there is now a PixelPlane Manager which allows you to assign your discrete channels to a PixelPlane and take advantage of that capability.

I have also revised my process of DELETION --- should speed things up.

Please test 11A and let me know what your finding are.

I am also working on a different method of saving sequence data.

I currently use XML but that technology seems to have hit a wall.

One user's HLS file is almost 2 gig in size and takes 40 minutes to load --- THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

Once 11A has been validated to have no or minimal issues, I will release my new sequence file format which should bring that 40 minutes to under 5minutes.

I want most sequences to load under 2 minutes.

Thanks in advance for letting me know about 11A.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
12-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Joe - For today it's to late, my schedule is already running, but will try tomorrow.

Art
12-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I've been reading about this HLS and it looks pretty dorn good, but im trying to find where all started what kind of hardware and LED's to be used with, and i canot find anything, I know its out there but maybe someone can help me.

JHinkle
12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Art:

This site is an excellent place to learn.

The Wiki is full of information.

After you figure what you want to do - display wise and hardware wise ---

then you can look at the various types of software to help you sequence your show.

HLS and Vixen are both good products for someone like yourself.

Have fun learning.

Joe

kingofkya
12-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I've been reading about this HLS and it looks pretty dorn good, but im trying to find where all started what kind of hardware and LED's to be used with, and i canot find anything, I know its out there but maybe someone can help me.

As of late the beter question is what dosen't.

Here is my latest useing hls. Mix of both ac (regular lights) and DC Led products.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYlzANHoch4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVZ_TZXDfM

also hls is pretty mutch the only reason i did rgb lights this year. (floods) Thanks joe.

Aurbo99
12-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I just downloaded 11A

Anyone have an .hls sequence already built that I can mess with?

Head was spinning 30 seconds after opening the program.. took me 5 minutes to figure out how to CREATE a new blank sequence, now I've spent another 5 minutes trying to figure out how I created the first one.

**Ok to create a new sequence, you have to Add an audio file first, which then asks you to first "identiy the file" which is the create a new sequence routine, which then asks you to select the audio file.

I detect a programmer also wrote the gui..

:biggrin:

n_gifford
12-22-2012, 11:16 PM
HLS has its learning curve just like any other sequencer, Steve. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Angus40 has created a lot of good tutorials that should help you to get started. I'm posting this from my phone, but I'll update with links once I'm at my computer.

BrianJ
12-23-2012, 01:09 AM
The deleting time is still terribly long. I thought I would try the new pixel plane capabilities so I am trying to remove the effects in a sequence for 200 channels over about 700 time tics. It may be new years before that finishes so I can convert the channels to a pixelplane and see how the new changes play out.

As always, Thanks Joe

Livermore-Dad
12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Okay I'm on it.

:)

Tory "Finder of bugs and his own user errors, more the later that's for sure!"

CDN_Diesel
12-23-2012, 02:10 AM
dumb question, but if I create a stand alone 11A, could I just copy my sequence folders from previous releases to 11A? I am using 10T to sequence for next years show, and 10P for this years (which I should have running tomorrow).

JHinkle
12-23-2012, 08:04 AM
HLS knows where your files are relative to where IT is located.

If you wanted ... you could create a unique folder for 11A (now 11B) and copy all of your folder under it.

HLS would work on THOSE files - not your originals.

Joe

rfallatt
12-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Joe
a while back (a few days)
I had an issue where some of my sequence was blacked out by the auto re compilation/conversion by HLS so I'm running 10T. Should /can I use the latest version?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JHinkle
12-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes.

There was a later post that stated that issue was addressed.

Please use 11B.

Thanks.

Joe

BrianJ
12-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Just a comment on 11A, It rocks!!! I left HLS alone to delete all the needed info overnight and this morning I converted 2 universes onto a pixelplane, added some effects and modified them, then could still use the channels in the sequencer in bulk. This is great Joe.

As always Thanks