PDA

View Full Version : First run of HLS with my MegaTree

OriginalHotrodder
12-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Joe,

I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent program you've created. This year I was way behind on getting everything together for Christmas (other priorities of life got in the way) and everything's been a push. Using a Lynx DMX dongle and three Lynx Express boards (two I assembled last week) I was able to get my small (12') MegaTree with 36 strands (12 ea. of white, red, green 100 count mini-incans) making blinky flashy tonight using LSP! This year the show is going to run silent but make pretty colors and light.
In 2009 I had a sequence I created using one Lynx Express (and the same number of lights) on LSP. Since I was so far behind and I wanted to bring the tree alive sooner than later, I modified that sequence and ran it on LSP the last three evenings. This morning before I went to work a few channels came on by themselves. I booted up my show computer so I could fire up LSP and turn off the channels, or at least I tried to. When opening LSP I got an error of a file missing :angry:! That was it. This evening I fired up HLS and connected the dongle. After finding the earlier post a few pages back I got the dongle working. Then playing around with HLS I created a nice 3 minute show in just about two hours. It ran fine in the sequencer and after I learned how to make a show schedule that worked great too.

I've found that the very best software is usually created and supported by someone who loves it. HLS is unquestionably one of the best and it only gets better. Your unselfish gift of allowing us share in your wonderful creation is not taken lightly.

For anyone that's sitting on the sidelines because you are not sure if it's going to work for you, jump in. You will not regret it.
I'll post a short video of the MegaTree later this week and I'll be uploading the sequences I create. You all will be hearing much more from me.

CDN_Diesel
12-21-2012, 03:08 AM
**Like**

We really need a LIKE button.... :)

Dennis Cherry
12-21-2012, 09:14 AM
+1 here also