PDA

View Full Version : Sub Folders ?

Lionking_Tx
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Not a big deal, but can't you use sub folders for Nutcracker effects ?
Starting on more effects, the NC folder got cluttered very fast, so I created subfolders where I put the effects for the specific element into (e.g. "roof").
Trying to load the effect, I get an error (unable to open NC file), however if I copy the file one directory up in the structure (into the cluttered NC folder) HLS loads it fine.

My directory structure from the root ('d:') is not very deep, do I don't think I'm hitting the limit.

JHinkle
12-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I thoughts were that Nutcracker effects, once created, would not be specific for a sequence - therefore made available to all sequences.

Items that are available to the design of all sequences are placed in a folder under the root HLS folder.

Hopefully you create a folder under root HLS for your specific sequences. Under THAT folder are items specific to THAT sequence.

That way "specific sequence" are separate from "use on multiple sequence".

If you generate a Nutcracker effect for use in one sequence - might you not use it in another sequence?

Joe

Lionking_Tx
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes - I created a folder ...../HLS/Sequences/ where I save sequences and I also created a folder .../HLS/Nutcracker/ where I put the created effects into.
Now I tried to sort it according to the display item and creates a subfolder .../HLS/Nutcracker/Roof , however can't import from there, but from .../HLS/Nutcracker.

No big deal, just wondered if it was hard coded to use just one subdirectory

JHinkle
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
You don't have to create the folders -- I create all folder that are required.

Joe

JHinkle
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes - I created a folder ...../HLS/Sequences/ where I save sequences and I also created a folder .../HLS/Nutcracker/ where I put the created effects into.
Now I tried to sort it according to the display item and creates a subfolder .../HLS/Nutcracker/Roof , however can't import from there, but from .../HLS/Nutcracker.

No big deal, just wondered if it was hard coded to use just one subdirectory

I strongly suggest a different folder under HLS for each sequence.

It makes managing sequences much easier as they are not all one.

Joe