PDA

View Full Version : cant find track for song in show

Boof63
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi Joe, you may have covered this but cant find it.
I have song in my show thats keeps asking to locate the audio track. even though its in the folder with the sequence
Any suggestions on how to fix please.
thanks again for everything Joe.

Cheers Boof63:biggrin:

BrianJ
12-13-2012, 04:53 PM
do you mean the wav/mp3 file is there or the pcm? HLS needs the pcm file

JHinkle
12-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes ...

You changed the PCM's File Name OR it can't find the PCM file.

Open the HLS file in a text editor and see that the name of the audio file is - you will see it is different file name.

Joe

Boof63
12-13-2012, 08:11 PM
sorry for not being clear, this occurs only when outputing this song to actually play the lightshow.
looked at the sequence in wordpad and it apperars to be at the right address, will look at the export file to see if it matches.

thanks again for prompt reply
Cheers Boof63

injury
12-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Quick way to solve that I use since I develop on one machine in one directory structure and show on another, when it comes time to put them on the show machine I put the pcm files in the base HLS folder. It seems to check there by default.

JHinkle
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Version 10J added the export folder to the search path for Show or PlayList Audio.

I recommend the following when operating HLS on a SHOW computer other than yor development computer.

In the Base HLS folder - there is a folder called "ExportFiles"

ExportFiles holds everything to do a show (Sequence Export files, PlayLists, and Show Schedule).

Starting with Version 10J, HLS will also place a copy of your sequence's audio file in that folder also - WHEN you create for Illumination Export file.

Then --- all you need to do is COPY the ExportFiles folder onto a thumb drive and paste in the the HLS folder on your Show computer.

You will be good to go.

NO NEED to copy the complete HLS folder - way too many files!!

In any case ... the search path in SHOW or PlayList is:

1. Path of Audio as defined in Sequence Export File
2. HLS folder
3. HLS\ExportFiles

Joe