PDA

View Full Version : My lights have a Fungus!

EMKLLK
12-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Warning all troubleshooters, I ran into something completely unexpected today - I had some issues last night with half of one of my ren24ss... After isolating enough to keep the show going (albeit missing some cool effects - 12 of my 144 channels resting due to this) I worked on it this morning when I wouldn't disrupt things. No visual evidence of trouble on the board, so started pulling wires testing one by one eventually isolated down to couple channels - went directly to the lighting elements and saw that I popped the gfci circuit when applying power to two particular strands of lights on one of my pecan trees...( I wrap a couple trees with multiple channels like others make fire sticks or poles to get some really cool dancing effects...) Anyway after visual inspection found a couple big fungus outgrowths had absorbed pieces of the light strand, even growing into the bulbs... I hung these lights only three weeks ago by the way. I took a picture unfortunately only after I cut out pieces of the fungus, but enough to give you a view... Anyway, problems can be anywhere so be diligent and expect the unexpected... All 144 channels ready for tonight!1688816889

n_gifford
12-08-2012, 03:30 PM
That's bizarre! But very good point about expecting the unexpected.

DaveJZ
12-08-2012, 03:35 PM
That's the rare CLAPisitis Organimis that only grows to interrupt Christmas light displays that blink.... Found no where else but on Blinky Flashy Displays

It's very rare... you should be proud!!

mikentn
12-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Wow, that's a nasty fast growing fungus. Pecan trees known for those types of fungii??

JackFrost
12-09-2012, 09:28 AM
aHHHHHH :omg: ....
watch out ... there's a fungus among us

you can keep THAT down there ...
I'm having enough problems with the snow and tree rats ( squirrels ) right now ! :angry:

EMKLLK
12-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't know much about pecan tree fungus, but apparently CLAPisitis Organimis is of the fast growing variety, but only in November/December:)