PDA

View Full Version : talking christmas tree animated gif

jaywalk101
12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Would anyone be willing to share the following animated gif? I keep seeing these pop up in the Nutcracker gallery and would love to try it out on my tree....

Thanks!

kychristmas
12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
You mean you are going to use it before I get to? It's just not fair :(

In the good faith of DIYC here they are. I have attached the original PNG and the GIF

BTW... The plan is to work with Sean to create Frames and implement a PapaGayo type talking feature. I have a few more design that I'm working on.

jaywalk101
12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
awesome KY! Thanks for sharing! If it turns out good, I'll post a video.. This would be another great display addition.. Thanks again!

budude
12-06-2012, 03:56 PM
BTW... The plan is to work with Sean to create Frames and implement a PapaGayo type talking feature. I have a few more design that I'm working on.

That would be awesome - - I made a half-hearted attempt to try this using HLS to create the sequence and then mapping the mouth/eye parts to segments on my pixel matrix (16 x 42) but - as usual, I ran out of time. I was trying to do all 19 voices in "This is Halloween" so it was an uphill climb anyway...

jaywalk101
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey KY, Did you make that GIF yourself? If so, what software did you use? I was unable to get Nutcracker's GIF effect to work today. Been playing around with LSP and converted the GIF to AVI and imported it as a transition. It actually works, but the eyes and mouth are more towards the bottom left. Been trying to think of an easy way to center the face on my tree. Any suggestions? Thanks!

btw... actual face mappings would be friggin awesome.. I was thinking of ways to do this with my mega tree this year but like everyone else, been stressed for time.... :(

kychristmas
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I use Fireworks, but I think you can open that with Photoshop Elements as well. Took me a bit to get something that Nutcracker liked. I have not tried to redo the Animated Gif in Nutcracker for a couple of months.

I have some idea's for next year now. I ditched all the Pixels this year, but I'm looking at doing to smaller Pixel Trees that narrate the show. One would be the Tree and the other would be Santa. I just never followed up with Sean. He and I exchanged some emails, but I dropped the ball. I'm certain he can do it.

I made those to work with Nutcracker so they are setup with the 1st string at 9 o'clock. They are also setup for the Megatree Size.

fathead45
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
those are cool. trying to open and save and wont do anything when i click on it. wanna try it in lsp:)

kychristmas
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, they do act weird. Try to Right Click and "Save Picture As" If they don't work, send me a PM with your email and I will send them to you via email.

Later today, I will attempt to redo in Nutcracker. I'll first try my local Nutcracker which is at leat a month old and then I will do online with the current release. I'll let you know how it goes. I do know that Sean is now resized the Gifs prior to processing them. That may be causing a problem.

kychristmas
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
That would be awesome - - I made a half-hearted attempt to try this using HLS to create the sequence and then mapping the mouth/eye parts to segments on my pixel matrix (16 x 42) but - as usual, I ran out of time. I was trying to do all 19 voices in "This is Halloween" so it was an uphill climb anyway...

Brian,
What I was going to do if Sean couldn't get it done was to simply use the individual Frames manually using the. I actually created Vixen Routines to match all of the Papagayo positions. So you could use Joe's Talking Character Feature like and then replace the individual channels he comes up with and copy these "Frames" into your effects. Probably not too clear and I never tried to do it in HLS, but it worked great with Vixen 2.x.

It's clear people are interested in this so I will make sure to work with Joe and Sean on getting this type of effect done. Joe's Animated face feature is amazingly simple for standard channels. It would be great to implement in Pixel Frame form.

As I mentioned, I have a Santa as well and a few others character ideas I think will work well on a Megatree.

I can send you the individual Frames as well.

JasonPortwood
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
You mean you are going to use it before I get to? It's just not fair :(

I think you're going to have to start playing with your cards closer to your chest!

The ADHD is setting in and I'm thinking of 5 channels of coro columns. That leaves me 11 for a small tree. Plenty if I just make a flat triangle and some folds to fill it in.

I'll turn mine yellow so I can have Spongebob talking. :yay:

ritztech
12-07-2012, 03:24 PM
is anyone else having issues with Anything to generate gifs at all or i wonder if its a select few

Lionking_Tx
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Gif's are currently broke, but Sean said he will fix as soon as possible - he wants to use the effect as well.

kychristmas
12-07-2012, 05:31 PM
If you want to use this, PM me with your Grid/Megatree Dimensions and your email address and I'll resize it and we'll see if works.

jaywalk101
12-11-2012, 04:25 PM
It looks like Sean has fixed the GIF effect on Nutcracker. I was able to successfully transfer the effect to LSP successfully today on my Mega Tree. I will test it out tonight and see how it looks "LIVE ACTION" as turtle man would say...... I installed Fireworks today and was playing around with the GIF file that KY shared. If it looks good tonight, I may try piecing together patterns (routines in Vixen world) of different mouth and eye movements and see if I can get my Mega Tree to talk along with a voice over... Does this even sound feasible??

kychristmas
12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
It looks like Sean has fixed the GIF effect on Nutcracker. I was able to successfully transfer the effect to LSP successfully today on my Mega Tree. I will test it out tonight and see how it looks "LIVE ACTION" as turtle man would say...... I installed Fireworks today and was playing around with the GIF file that KY shared. If it looks good tonight, I may try piecing together patterns (routines in Vixen world) of different mouth and eye movements and see if I can get my Mega Tree to talk along with a voice over... Does this even sound feasible??

I think it's feasable, but as I said before. It may be easier to convert frames to match the Phenomes from PapaGayo.

jaywalk101
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I will have to look more into this PapaGayo.... i'm assuming this is the way to go for sequencing mouth movements and such?

kychristmas
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes. I have ideas for it all, just need to get with these developer geniuses on best way to implement. HLS has the animated character thing down already, but would for single Channels positions. There is a plugin for Vixen 2.x and that's what I was thinking about using as the basis

The animated gif will be difficult to time up.

jaywalk101
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Here's a post to the video I recorded tonight.. looks nice!!! now i need to try to do a little voiceover within the show somewhere.... next year i will try to do a song or two.... :)

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?24034-Video-of-Talking-Christmas-Tree